Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to RFP
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rabbit, Recombinant fragment
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-RFP antibody
See all RFP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RFP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rabbit, Recombinant fragment
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to RFP. Corresponding to the full length amino acid sequence (234aa) derived from the mushroom polyp coral Discosoma.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.88% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124754 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/1000 - 1/50000.
1/200 - 1/20000.
1/1000 - 1/50000.
1/200 - 1/20000.
RelevanceFluorescent proteins have become a useful and ubiquitous tool for making chimeric proteins, where they function as a fluorescent protein tag. Typically they tolerate N- and C-terminal fusion to a broad variety of proteins. They have been expressed in most known cell types and are used as a noninvasive fluorescent marker in living cells and organisms. They enable a wide range of applications where they have functioned as a cell lineage tracer, reporter of gene expression, or as a measure of protein-protein interactions.
- DsRed antibody
- GFP like chromoprotein antibody
- red fluorescent protein antibody
- RFP antibody
All lanes : Anti-RFP antibody (ab124754) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HEK-293 (human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney) cell lysate at 10 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cell lysate at 10 µg
Lane 3 : CHO-K1 (chinese hamster ovary cell line) cell lysate at 10 µg
Lane 4 : MDA-MB-231 (human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) cell lysate at 10 µg
Lane 5 : A431 (human epidermoid carcinoma cell line) cell lysate at 10 µg
Lane 6 : Jurkat (human T cell leukemia cell line from peripheral blood) cell lysate at 10 µg
Lane 7 : NIH/3T3 (mouse embryo fibroblast cell line) cell lysate at 10 µg
Lane 8 : E-coli HCP Control at 10 µg
Lane 9 : FLAG Positive Control Lysate at 10 µg
Lane 10 : Red Fluorescent Protein at 0.05 µg
Lane 11 : Green Fluorescent Protein at 0.05 µg
Lane 12 : Glutathione-S-Transferase Protein at 0.05 µg
Lane 13 : Maltose Binding Protein at 0.05 µg
All lanes : Anti-RFP antibody (ab124754) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : RFP with Blocking buffer
Lane 2 : Human IgG with Blocking buffer
Lane 3 : Goat IgG with Blocking buffer
Lane 4 : Mouse IgG with Blocking buffer
Lysates/proteins at 0.05 µg per lane.
All lanes : Rabbit peroxidase conjugate at 1/40000 dilution
Observed band size: 30 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
PFA-fixed DsRed transgenic mouse retina tissue stained for RFP using ab124754 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Blocking: 3% BSA, 0.3% Triton.
Secondary antibody: Alexa488 secondary antibody at 1:10,000 for 4 hours at RT.
Immunohistochemical immunofluorescence analysis of 4% PFA fixed mouse lung sections, labelling RFP with ab124754 at 1/50 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature. The secondary used was a rabbit fluorescein conjugate at 1/250 incubated for 1 hour at room temperature.
Immunohistochemical immunofluorescence analysis of 4% PFA fixed mouse embryonic myocardial tissue, labelling RFP with ab124754 at a 1/50 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature. The secondary used was a a rabbit fluorescein conjugate at a 1/250 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature. Counterstain is an expression of RFP in red Tomato transgenic mice.
Immunohistochemical immunofluorescence analysis of 0.5% PFA fixed Rabbit Hair folicle section labelling RFP using ab124754 at a dilution of 10 ug/mL for 1 hour at room temperature. The secondary used was a blue rabbit fluorescein conjugate at a 1/10,000 for 45 mins at room temperature. A counterstain against HOP-derived cells was used (red).
ab124754 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Liu X et al. Cell-Type-Specific Interleukin 1 Receptor 1 Signaling in the Brain Regulates Distinct Neuroimmune Activities. Immunity 50:317-333.e6 (2019). PubMed: 30683620
- Rho SS et al. Rap1b Promotes Notch-Signal-Mediated Hematopoietic Stem Cell Development by Enhancing Integrin-Mediated Cell Adhesion. Dev Cell 49:681-696.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31006651
- Chang CL et al. Spastin tethers lipid droplets to peroxisomes and directs fatty acid trafficking through ESCRT-III. J Cell Biol 218:2583-2599 (2019). PubMed: 31227594
- Striebel JF et al. Microglia are not required for prion-induced retinal photoreceptor degeneration. Acta Neuropathol Commun 7:48 (2019). PubMed: 30909963
- Bhagwan JR et al. Variable expression and silencing of CRISPR-Cas9 targeted transgenes identifies the AAVS1 locus as not an entirely safe harbour. F1000Res 8:1911 (2019). PubMed: 32789000
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact email@example.com