Product nameAnti-RFP antibody
See all RFP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RFP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to RFP. Corresponding to the full length amino acid sequence (234aa) derived from the mushroom polyp coral Discosoma.
- IHC: DsRed transgenic mouse retina tissue; Mouse lung and embryonic myocardial tissues; Rabbit Hair follicle. WB: RFP protein.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.88% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124754 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/50000.|
|IHC-P||1/200 - 1/20000.|
RelevanceFluorescent proteins have become a useful and ubiquitous tool for making chimeric proteins, where they function as a fluorescent protein tag. Typically they tolerate N- and C-terminal fusion to a broad variety of proteins. They have been expressed in most known cell types and are used as a noninvasive fluorescent marker in living cells and organisms. They enable a wide range of applications where they have functioned as a cell lineage tracer, reporter of gene expression, or as a measure of protein-protein interactions.
- DsRed antibody
- GFP like chromoprotein antibody
- red fluorescent protein antibody
- RFP antibody
All lanes : Anti-RFP antibody (ab124754) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HEK-293 (human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney) cell lysate at 10 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cell lysate at 10 µg
Lane 3 : CHO-K1 (chinese hamster ovary cell line) cell lysate at 10 µg
Lane 4 : MDA-MB-231 (human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) cell lysate at 10 µg
Lane 5 : A431 (human epidermoid carcinoma cell line) cell lysate at 10 µg
Lane 6 : Jurkat (human T cell leukemia cell line from peripheral blood) cell lysate at 10 µg
Lane 7 : NIH/3T3 (mouse embryo fibroblast cell line) cell lysate at 10 µg
Lane 8 : E-coli HCP Control at 10 µg
Lane 9 : FLAG Positive Control Lysate at 10 µg
Lane 10 : Red Fluorescent Protein at 0.05 µg
Lane 11 : Green Fluorescent Protein at 0.05 µg
Lane 12 : Glutathione-S-Transferase Protein at 0.05 µg
Lane 13 : Maltose Binding Protein at 0.05 µg
All lanes : Anti-RFP antibody (ab124754) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : RFP with Blocking buffer
Lane 2 : Human IgG with Blocking buffer
Lane 3 : Goat IgG with Blocking buffer
Lane 4 : Mouse IgG with Blocking buffer
Lysates/proteins at 0.05 µg per lane.
All lanes : Rabbit peroxidase conjugate at 1/40000 dilution
Observed band size: 30 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
PFA-fixed DsRed transgenic mouse retina tissue stained for RFP using ab124754 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Blocking: 3% BSA, 0.3% Triton.
Secondary antibody: Alexa488 secondary antibody at 1:10,000 for 4 hours at RT.
Immunohistochemical immunofluorescence analysis of 4% PFA fixed mouse lung sections, labelling RFP with ab124754 at 1/50 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature. The secondary used was a rabbit fluorescein conjugate at 1/250 incubated for 1 hour at room temperature.
Immunohistochemical immunofluorescence analysis of 4% PFA fixed mouse embryonic myocardial tissue, labelling RFP with ab124754 at a 1/50 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature. The secondary used was a a rabbit fluorescein conjugate at a 1/250 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature. Counterstain is an expression of RFP in red Tomato transgenic mice.
Immunohistochemical immunofluorescence analysis of 0.5% PFA fixed Rabbit Hair folicle section labelling RFP using ab124754 at a dilution of 10 ug/mL for 1 hour at room temperature. The secondary used was a blue rabbit fluorescein conjugate at a 1/10,000 for 45 mins at room temperature. A counterstain against HOP-derived cells was used (red).
ab124754 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Striebel JF et al. Microglia are not required for prion-induced retinal photoreceptor degeneration. Acta Neuropathol Commun 7:48 (2019). PubMed: 30909963
- Liu X et al. Cell-Type-Specific Interleukin 1 Receptor 1 Signaling in the Brain Regulates Distinct Neuroimmune Activities. Immunity 50:317-333.e6 (2019). PubMed: 30683620
- Niraula A et al. Corticosterone Production during Repeated Social Defeat Causes Monocyte Mobilization from the Bone Marrow, Glucocorticoid Resistance, and Neurovascular Adhesion Molecule Expression. J Neurosci 38:2328-2340 (2018). PubMed: 29382712
- Song A et al. Salient type 1 interleukin 1 receptor expression in peripheral non-immune cells. Sci Rep 8:723 (2018). PubMed: 29335509
- Lizier M et al. Cell fusion in the liver, revisited. World J Hepatol 10:213-221 (2018). PubMed: 29527257
- Polacheck WJ et al. A non-canonical Notch complex regulates adherens junctions and vascular barrier function. Nature 552:258-262 (2017). PubMed: 29160307
- Shikina S et al. Oocytes express an endogenous red fluorescent protein in a stony coral, Euphyllia ancora: a potential involvement in coral oogenesis. Sci Rep 6:25868 (2016). WB, IHC . PubMed: 27167722
- Lizier M et al. Fusion between cancer cells and macrophages occurs in a murine model of spontaneous neu+ breast cancer without increasing its metastatic potential. Oncotarget 7:60793-60806 (2016). PubMed: 27563823