Product nameAnti-RFP antibody [RF5R]
See all RFP primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [RF5R] to RFP
SpecificityRecognizes native and denatured forms of RFP and its variants: tag-RFP, turbo-RFP, DsRed, mCherry, mOrange, etc.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, Dot blot, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Sea anenome
- Transfected HEK293 cell lysate.
Store at 4°C (add 0.1% NaN3) for several days to weeks.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 5th February 2018. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesab125244 is purified by protein A affinity chromatography from TCS
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab125244 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa. Sensitivity with ECL: 1-10ng of purified RFP or RFP fusion proteins.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Dot blot||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceFluorescent proteins have become a useful and ubiquitous tool for making chimeric proteins, where they function as a fluorescent protein tag. Typically they tolerate N- and C-terminal fusion to a broad variety of proteins. They have been expressed in most known cell types and are used as a noninvasive fluorescent marker in living cells and organisms. They enable a wide range of applications where they have functioned as a cell lineage tracer, reporter of gene expression, or as a measure of protein-protein interactions.
- SwissProt: Q9U6Y8 Sea anenome
- DsRed antibody
- GFP like chromoprotein antibody
- red fluorescent protein antibody
- RFP antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Shimo T et al. Construction of a tri-chromatic reporter cell line for the rapid and simple screening of splice-switching oligonucleotides targeting DMD exon 51 using high content screening. PLoS One 13:e0197373 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29768479) »
- Piacentino ML & Bronner ME Intracellular attenuation of BMP signaling via CKIP-1/Smurf1 is essential during neural crest induction. PLoS Biol 16:e2004425 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29949573) »