Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to RFWD3
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-RFWD3 antibody
See all RFWD3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RFWD3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to an internal region of Human RFWD3.
- HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride
PBS is without Mg2+ and Ca2+.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab138030 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by immunogenic peptide affinity-chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab138030 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa.|
FunctionE3 ubiquitin-protein ligase that mediates the ubiquitination of p53/TP53 in the late response to DNA damage, and acts as a positive regulator of p53/TP53 stability, thereby regulating the G1/S DNA damage checkpoint. May act by catalyzing the formation of short polyubiquitin chains on p53/TP53 that are not targeted to the proteasome. In response to ionizing radiation, interacts with MDM2 and enhances p53/TP53 ubiquitination, possibly by restricting MDM2 from extending polyubiquitin chains on ubiquitinated p53/TP53.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
Contains 3 WD repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated at Ser-46 and Ser-63 upon DNA damage by ATM or ATR. ATM phosphorylation occurs at early times upon DNA damage, while ATR is the major kinase at later times. Phosphorylation by ATM and ATR is required to stabilize p53/TP53.
- Information by UniProt
- BC027246 antibody
- E3 ubiquitin protein ligase RFWD3 antibody
- E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase RFWD3 antibody
ab138030 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Feeney L et al. RPA-Mediated Recruitment of the E3 Ligase RFWD3 Is Vital for Interstrand Crosslink Repair and Human Health. Mol Cell 66:610-621.e4 (2017). PubMed: 28575657
- Inano S et al. RFWD3-Mediated Ubiquitination Promotes Timely Removal of Both RPA and RAD51 from DNA Damage Sites to Facilitate Homologous Recombination. Mol Cell 66:622-634.e8 (2017). PubMed: 28575658