Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to RGS2
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-RGS2 antibody
See all RGS2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RGS2
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species ICC/IFHuman WBHuman
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human RGS2 aa 150 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing the problem with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation.
One factor contributing to the crisis is the use of antibodies that are not suitable. This can lead to misleading results and the use of incorrect data informing project assumptions and direction. To help address this challenge, we have introduced an application and species grid on our primary antibody datasheets to make it easy to simplify identification of the right antibody for your needs.
Learn more here.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab36561 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
IHC-P: Use at a dilution of 1/250 for 1 hr.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 23 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionRegulates G protein-coupled receptor signaling cascades. Inhibits signal transduction by increasing the GTPase activity of G protein alpha subunits, thereby driving them into their inactive GDP-bound form (PubMed:11063746, PubMed:19478087). Plays a role in the regulation of blood pressure in response to signaling via G protein-coupled receptors and GNAQ. Plays a role in regulating the constriction and relaxation of vascular smooth muscle (By similarity). Binds EIF2B5 and blocks its activity, thereby inhibiting the translation of mRNA into protein (PubMed:19736320).
Tissue specificityExpressed in acute myelogenous leukemia (AML) and in acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RGS domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by protein kinase C. Phosphorylation by PRKG1 leads to activation of RGS2 activity.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Mitochondrion and Cell membrane. Cytoplasm. Nucleus, nucleolus.
- Information by UniProt
- Basic helix-loop-helix phosphoprotein G0S8 antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting protein 31 antibody
- Cell growth-inhibiting gene 31 protein antibody
Anti-RGS2 antibody (ab36561) at 1 µg/ml + Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466) at 10 µg
IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 24 kDa
Observed band size: 23 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 51 kDa (possible cross reactivity)
ICC/IF image of ab36561 stained human SH-SY5Y cells. The cells were PFA fixed (10 min), permabilised in TBS-T (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab36561, 1µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to quench autofluorescence and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
ab36561 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Damasceno S et al. Top Common Differentially Expressed Genes in the Epileptogenic Nucleus of Two Strains of Rodents Susceptible to Audiogenic Seizures: WAR and GASH/Sal. Front Neurol 11:33 (2020). PubMed: 32117006
- Wang C et al. Downregulation of regulator of G protein signaling 2 expression in breast invasive carcinoma of no special type: Clinicopathological associations and prognostic relevance. Oncol Lett 15:213-220 (2018). PubMed: 29391880
- Linder A et al. Analysis of regulator of G-protein signalling 2 (RGS2) expression and function during prostate cancer progression. Sci Rep 8:17259 (2018). PubMed: 30467386
- Bouvet GF et al. DNA Methylation Regulates RGS2-induced S100A12 Expression in Airway Epithelial Cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 59:601-613 (2018). PubMed: 29944393
- Mather Q et al. A novel protein expression signature differentiates benign lipomas from well-differentiated liposarcomas. Mol Clin Oncol 7:315-321 (2017). PubMed: 28781809
- de Souza EE et al. Human Nek7-interactor RGS2 is required for mitotic spindle organization. Cell Cycle 14:656-67 (2015). PubMed: 25664600
- de Souza EE et al. Characterization of the human NEK7 interactome suggests catalytic and regulatory properties distinct from those of NEK6. J Proteome Res 13:4074-90 (2014). PubMed: 25093993
- Subramaniam S et al. Distinct transcriptional networks in quiescent myoblasts: a role for Wnt signaling in reversible vs. irreversible arrest. PLoS One 8:e65097 (2013). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 23755177