Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to RHEB
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Drosophila melanogaster
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-RHEB antibody
See all RHEB primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RHEB
Specificityab25873 recognises Rheb (Ras homolog enriched in brain).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Drosophila melanogaster
A 15 amino acid peptide from the middle region of Human Rheb.
- Mouse brain cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25873 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 20 kDa.|
FunctionStimulates the phosphorylation of S6K1 and EIF4EBP1 through activation of mTORC1 signaling. Activates the protein kinase activity of mTORC1. Has low intrinsic GTPase activity.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highest levels observed in skeletal and cardiac muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Rheb family.
modificationsFarnesylation is important for efficiently activating mTORC1-mediated signaling.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Ras homolog enriched in brain 2, formerly antibody
- GTP binding protein Rheb antibody
- GTP-binding protein Rheb antibody
ab25873 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Tian Y et al. Silencing of RHEB inhibits cell proliferation and promotes apoptosis in colorectal cancer cells via inhibition of the mTOR signaling pathway. J Cell Physiol 235:442-453 (2020). PubMed: 31332784
- Ashraf S et al. RHEB gene therapy maintains the chondrogenic characteristics and protects cartilage tissue from degenerative damage during experimental murine osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 27:1508-1517 (2019). PubMed: 31229684
- Yeo D et al. Intensified mitophagy in skeletal muscle with aging is downregulated by PGC-1alpha overexpression in vivo. Free Radic Biol Med 130:361-368 (2019). PubMed: 30395971
- Gui Y et al. Fibroblast mTOR/PPAR?/HGF axis protects against tubular cell death and acute kidney injury. Cell Death Differ N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31024074
- Ashraf S et al. Role of RHEB in Regulating Differentiation Fate of Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Cartilage and Bone Regeneration. Int J Mol Sci 18:N/A (2017). IHC-P . PubMed: 28441755