Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [2916C2a] to RHOB
- Suitable for: Dot blot, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53743 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Dot blot||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa.|
FunctionMediates apoptosis in neoplastically transformed cells after DNA damage. Not essential for development but affects cell adhesion and growth factor signaling in transformed cells. Plays a negative role in tumorigenesis as deletion causes tumor formation. Involved in intracellular protein trafficking of a number of proteins. Targets PKN1 to endosomes and is involved in trafficking of the EGF receptor from late endosomes to lysosomes. Also required for stability and nuclear trafficking of AKT1/AKT which promotes endothelial cell survival during vascular development.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Rho family.
modificationsPrenylation specifies the subcellular location of RHOB. The farnesylated form is localized to the plasma membrane while the geranylgeranylated form is localized to the endosome.
Cellular localizationLate endosome membrane. Cell membrane. Nucleus. Late endosomal membrane (geranylgeranylated form). Plasma membrane (farnesylated form). Also detected at the nuclear margin and in the nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- Aplysia RAS-related homolog 6 antibody
- ARH6 antibody
- ARHB antibody
Anti-RHOB antibody [2916C2a] (ab53743) + immunized recombinant protein
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
Observed band size: 39 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
The band on the Wetstern blot does not correspond to the predicted size, as the recombinant protein was used as the test antigen
ab53743 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Liu H et al. Exploration of vascular adhesion protein-1 expression in patients with conjunctivitis associated systemic lupus erythematosus using 2D-DIGE. Exp Ther Med 18:5072-5077 (2019). PubMed: 31819770
- Quinn K et al. Rho GTPases modulate entry of Ebola virus and vesicular stomatitis virus pseudotyped vectors. J Virol 83:10176-86 (2009). PubMed: 19625394
- Murray D et al. NET1-mediated RhoA activation facilitates lysophosphatidic acid-induced cell migration and invasion in gastric cancer. Br J Cancer 99:1322-9 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18827818