Key features and details
- Cell-permeable fluorescent Ca2+ indicator
- CAS Number: 145037-81-6
- Purity: > 93%
- Soluble in DMSO to 1 mg/ml
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameRhod-2 AM, fluorescent Ca2+ indicator
DescriptionCell-permeable fluorescent Ca2+ indicator
Chemical name9-[4-[Bis[2-[(acetyloxy)methoxy]-2-oxoethyl]amino]-3-[2-[2-[bis[2-[(acetyloxy)methoxy]-2-oxoethyl]amino]-5-methylphenoxy]ethoxy]phenyl]-3,6-bis(dimethylamino)xanthylium bromide
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. It is important to note that this product is reported to be light sensitive. Store In the Dark. Store under desiccating conditions.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 1 mg/ml
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
For more information on AM esters please visit our AM esters FAQ page.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142780 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Tian F & Zhang Y Overexpression of SERCA2a Alleviates Cardiac Microvascular Ischemic Injury by Suppressing Mfn2-Mediated ER/Mitochondrial Calcium Tethering. Front Cell Dev Biol 9:636553 (2021). PubMed: 33869181
- Massey N et al. Organic dust-induced mitochondrial dysfunction could be targeted via cGAS-STING or cytoplasmic NOX-2 inhibition using microglial cells and brain slice culture models. Cell Tissue Res 384:465-486 (2021). PubMed: 33687557
- Ye L et al. Carbon Nanotube-Hydrogel Composites Facilitate Neuronal Differentiation While Maintaining Homeostasis of Network Activity. Adv Mater 33:e2102981 (2021). PubMed: 34453367
- Binning W et al. Chronic hM3Dq signaling in microglia ameliorates neuroinflammation in male mice. Brain Behav Immun 88:791-801 (2020). PubMed: 32434046
- Ramachandran RP et al. Mitochondrial Targeting of the Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli Map Triggers Calcium Mobilization, ADAM10-MAP Kinase Signaling, and Host Cell Apoptosis. mBio 11:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32934081
- Teo CH et al. Lithium chloride enhances serotonin induced calcium activity in EGFP-GnIH neurons. Sci Rep 10:13876 (2020). PubMed: 32807874
- Jegal HG et al. Ruthenium red improves blastocyst developmental competence by regulating mitochondrial Ca2+ and mitochondrial functions in fertilized porcine oocytes in vitro. J Reprod Dev 66:377-386 (2020). PubMed: 32321875
- Segel M et al. Niche stiffness underlies the ageing of central nervous system progenitor cells. Nature 573:130-134 (2019). PubMed: 31413369
- Sabogal-Guáqueta AM et al. Linalool attenuates oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction mediated by glutamate and NMDA toxicity. Biomed Pharmacother 118:109295 (2019). PubMed: 31545255
- Alarcon MML et al. Cardiac arrhythmias after renal I/R depend on IL-1ß. J Mol Cell Cardiol 131:101-111 (2019). PubMed: 31029578