Key features and details
- Assay type: Cell-based (qualitative)
- Detection method: Fluorescent
- Platform: Fluorescence microscope
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Product nameRhodamine Phalloidin Reagent
See all F-actin kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (qualitative)
Rhodamine Phalloidin Reagent ab235138 is one of a series of phalloidin conjugates that are used to stain actin filaments in fluoresence microscopy. The tetramethyl rhodamine dye can be easily detected with a fluorescent microscope at Ex/Em = 546/575 nm.
Phalloidin conjugates are convenient probes for labeling, identifying and quantitating animal or plant actin filaments in formaldehyde-fixed and permeabilized tissue sections, cell cultures or cell-free experiments.
Review other popular phalloidin dye conjugates, including Phalloidin-iFluor 488, Phalloidin-iFluor 647, Phalloidin-iFluor 594, and Phalloidin-iFluor 555, search the website to see all phallodin conjugates, or read the phalloidin staining protocol.
Staining fixed cell or tissue samples with phalloidin conjugates is very simple; it requires a single 20-90 min incubation with the phalloidin, followed by 3 short wash steps. Phalloidin staining can be combined with antibody-based staining by adding the phalloidin conjugate during either the primary or secondary antibody incubation step.
When used in unfixed samples, phalloidin binding leads to a decrease in the disassociation rate of actin subunits from the ends of actin filaments, essentially stabilizing actin filaments through the prevention of filament depolymerisation.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 300 tests Rhodamine Phalloidin Conjugate 1 x 300 tests
- actin filament
- f actin
- Filamentous actin
ab235138 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Lozano-Romero A et al. HOX Transcript Antisense RNA HOTAIR Abrogates Vasculogenic Mimicry by Targeting the AngiomiR-204/FAK Axis in Triple Negative Breast Cancer Cells. Noncoding RNA 6:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32466537
- Fei WY et al. Magnolol prevents ovariectomy-induced bone loss by suppressing osteoclastogenesis via inhibition of the nuclear factor-?B and mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways. Int J Mol Med 43:1669-1678 (2019). PubMed: 30816431
- Shi P et al. The alternatively spliced porcine Fc?RI regulated PRRSV-ADE infection and proinflammatory cytokine production. Dev Comp Immunol 90:186-198 (2019). PubMed: 30273630
- Vogel J et al. Expression of Hypoxia-Inducible Factor 1a (HIF-1a) and Genes of Related Pathways in Altered Gravity. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30669540
- Chiusa M et al. The Extracellular Matrix Receptor Discoidin Domain Receptor 1 Regulates Collagen Transcription by Translocating to the Nucleus. J Am Soc Nephrol 30:1605-1624 (2019). PubMed: 31383731
- Salinas-Vera YM et al. HypoxamiRs Profiling Identify miR-745 as a Regulator of the Early Stages of Vasculogenic Mimicry in SKOV3 Ovarian Cancer Cells. Front Oncol 9:381 (2019). PubMed: 31157166