Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [Y10B] to ribosomal RNA
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG3
Product nameAnti-ribosomal RNA antibody [Y10B]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [Y10B] to ribosomal RNA
SpecificityThis clone may also detect large (28S) and small (18S) rRNA (PMID:7496633).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species
Other Immunogen Type corresponding to ribosomal RNA 5.8s.
- HeLa cells.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab171119 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceThe inhibition of protein synthesis by specific anti 5.8S rRNA oligonucleotides have suggested that this RNA plays an important role in eukaryotic ribosome function, specifically ribosomal translocation. Mutations in the 5.8S rRNA can inhibit cell growth and compromise protein synthesis in vitro.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Nuclear
ab171119 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Alves MJ et al. CCNA2 Ablation in Aged Mice Results in Abnormal rRNA Granule Accumulation in Hippocampus. Am J Pathol 189:426-439 (2019). PubMed: 30579783
- Shigeoka T et al. On-Site Ribosome Remodeling by Locally Synthesized Ribosomal Proteins in Axons. Cell Rep 29:3605-3619.e10 (2019). PubMed: 31825839
- Chau KF et al. Downregulation of ribosome biogenesis during early forebrain development. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29745900
- Kershner L & Welshhans K RACK1 is necessary for the formation of point contacts and regulates axon growth. Dev Neurobiol 77:1038-1056 (2017). PubMed: 28245531
- Kalinski AL et al. mRNAs and Protein Synthetic Machinery Localize into Regenerating Spinal Cord Axons When They Are Provided a Substrate That Supports Growth. J Neurosci 35:10357-70 (2015). PubMed: 26180210
- Spillane M et al. Mitochondria coordinate sites of axon branching through localized intra-axonal protein synthesis. Cell Rep 5:1564-75 (2013). PubMed: 24332852