Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to RING2 / RING1B / RNF2
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-RING2 / RING1B / RNF2 antibody
See all RING2 / RING1B / RNF2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RING2 / RING1B / RNF2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Turkey, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Xenopus tropicalis, Platypus
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residue 150 and 200 of Human RING2/ RING1B/ RNF2 (NP_009143.1).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: Tris citrate/phosphate
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab101273 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa.|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
|IHC-P||1/500 - 1/2000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionE3 ubiquitin-protein ligase that mediates monoubiquitination of 'Lys-119' of histone H2A, thereby playing a central role in histone code and gene regulation. H2A 'Lys-119' ubiquitination gives a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional repression and participates in X chromosome inactivation of female mammals. May be involved in the initiation of both imprinted and random X inactivation. Essential component of the Polycomb group (PcG) multiprotein PRC1 complex, a complex required to maintain the transcriptionally repressive state of many genes, including Hox genes, throughout development. PcG PRC1 complex act via chromatin remodeling and modification of histones, rendering chromatin heritably changed in its expressibility. E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity is enhanced by BMI1/PCGF4. Acts as the main E3 ubiquitin ligase on histone H2A of the PRC1 complex, while RING1 may rather act as a modulator of RNF2/RING2 activity.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
modificationsPolyubiquitinated in the presence of UBE2D3 (in vitro).
Monoubiquitinated, by auto-ubiquitination.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Enriched on inactive X chromosome (Xi) in female trophoblast stem (TS) cells as well as differentiating embryonic stem (ES) cells. The enrichment on Xi is transient during TS and ES cell differentiation. The association with Xi is mitotically stable in non-differentiated TS cells.
- Information by UniProt
- BAP 1 antibody
- BAP1 antibody
- DING antibody
All lanes : Anti-RING2 / RING1B / RNF2 antibody (ab101273) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : K562 whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : K562 whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : K562 whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 5 : NIH3T3 whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 37 kDa
Exposure time: 30 seconds
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human prostate carcinoma tissue labelling RING2 / RING1B / RNF2 with ab101273 at 1/1000 (1µg/ml).
Detection of RING2 / RING1B / RNF2 in Immunoprecipitates of K562 whole cell lysate (1 mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded) using ab101273 at 3 µg/mg lysate for IP and at 1 µg/ml for subsequent Western blot detection. Detection: Chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 30 seconds.
ab101273 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Li Q et al. Association between RNF2+P-AKT expression in pretreatment biopsy specimens, and poor survival following radiotherapy in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Oncol Lett 18:3734-3742 (2019). PubMed: 31516586
- An R et al. Plk1 interacts with RNF2 and promotes its ubiquitin-dependent degradation. Oncol Rep 39:2358-2364 (2018). PubMed: 29565459
- Stielow B et al. MGA, L3MBTL2 and E2F6 determine genomic binding of the non-canonical Polycomb repressive complex PRC1.6. PLoS Genet 14:e1007193 (2018). PubMed: 29381691
- Wei M et al. Knockdown of RNF2 induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in prostate cancer cells through the upregulation of TXNIP. Oncotarget 8:5323-5338 (2017). IHC . PubMed: 28029659
- Stelloh C et al. The cohesin-associated protein Wapal is required for proper Polycomb-mediated gene silencing. Epigenetics Chromatin 9:14 (2016). PubMed: 27087855
- Choe KN et al. HUWE1 interacts with PCNA to alleviate replication stress. EMBO Rep 17:874-86 (2016). PubMed: 27146073
- Bhatnagar S et al. TRIM37 is a new histone H2A ubiquitin ligase and breast cancer oncoprotein. Nature 516:116-20 (2014). PubMed: 25470042
- Toth Z et al. Biphasic euchromatin-to-heterochromatin transition on the KSHV genome following de novo infection. PLoS Pathog 9:e1003813 (2013). Human . PubMed: 24367262