Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR18704] to RNA polymerase beta
- Suitable for: IP, WB
- Reacts with: Escherichia coli
Product nameAnti-RNA polymerase beta antibody [EPR18704]
See all RNA polymerase beta primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR18704] to RNA polymerase beta
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Escherichia coli
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) within Escherichia coli RNA polymerase beta aa 1300 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P0A8V2
- WB & IP: E.coli whole cell lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab191598 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 150 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 150 kDa).|
RelevanceRNA polymerase beta (rpoB) is the ß subunit of the bacterial RNA polymerase and is the subunit which possesses the polymerase activity. This protein is a highly conserved enzyme contained by many bacteria and has been reported as a useful marker for studies in bacetrial identification and ecology.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane and Cytoplasmic
- groN antibody
- nitB antibody
- rif antibody
Anti-RNA polymerase beta antibody [EPR18704] (ab191598) at 1/2000 dilution + E.coli whole cell lysates at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 150 kDa
Observed band size: 150 kDa
Exposure time: 30 seconds
Blocking/Dilution buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
RNA polymerase beta was immunoprecipitated from 1mg of E.coli whole cell lysates with ab191598 at 1/30 dilution. Western blot was performed from the immunoprecipitate using ab191598 at 1/1000 dilution. Anti-Rabbit IgG (HRP), specific to the non-reduced form of IgG, was used as secondary antibody at 1/1500.
Lane 1: E.coli whole cell lysates 10ug (Input). Lane 2: ab191598 IP in E.coli whole cell lysates. Lane 3: Rabbit monoclonal IgG (ab172730) instead of ab191598 in E.coli whole cell lysates.
Blocking and dilution buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Exposure time: 5 seconds.
ab191598 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Klein K et al. Deprivation of the Periplasmic Chaperone SurA Reduces Virulence and Restores Antibiotic Susceptibility of Multidrug-Resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Front Microbiol 10:100 (2019). PubMed: 30846971
- Virtanen P et al. Class II contact-dependent growth inhibition (CDI) systems allow for broad-range cross-species toxin delivery within the Enterobacteriaceae family. Mol Microbiol 111:1109-1125 (2019). PubMed: 30710431
- Høyland-Kroghsbo NM et al. Temperature, by Controlling Growth Rate, Regulates CRISPR-Cas Activity in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. MBio 9:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30425154