Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR18704] to RNA polymerase beta
- Suitable for: IP, WB
- Reacts with: Escherichia coli
Product nameAnti-RNA polymerase beta antibody [EPR18704]
See all RNA polymerase beta primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR18704] to RNA polymerase beta
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Escherichia coli
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) within Escherichia coli RNA polymerase beta aa 1300 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P0A8V2
- WB & IP: E.coli whole cell lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab191598 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 150 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 150 kDa).|
RelevanceRNA polymerase beta (rpoB) is the ß subunit of the bacterial RNA polymerase and is the subunit which possesses the polymerase activity. This protein is a highly conserved enzyme contained by many bacteria and has been reported as a useful marker for studies in bacetrial identification and ecology.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane and Cytoplasmic
- groN antibody
- nitB antibody
- rif antibody
Anti-RNA polymerase beta antibody [EPR18704] (ab191598) at 1/2000 dilution + E.coli whole cell lysates at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 150 kDa
Observed band size: 150 kDa
Exposure time: 30 seconds
Blocking/Dilution buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
RNA polymerase beta was immunoprecipitated from 1mg of E.coli whole cell lysates with ab191598 at 1/30 dilution. Western blot was performed from the immunoprecipitate using ab191598 at 1/1000 dilution. Anti-Rabbit IgG (HRP), specific to the non-reduced form of IgG, was used as secondary antibody at 1/1500.
Lane 1: E.coli whole cell lysates 10ug (Input). Lane 2: ab191598 IP in E.coli whole cell lysates. Lane 3: Rabbit monoclonal IgG (ab172730) instead of ab191598 in E.coli whole cell lysates.
Blocking and dilution buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Exposure time: 5 seconds.
ab191598 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Stårsta M et al. RHS-elements function as type II toxin-antitoxin modules that regulate intra-macrophage replication of Salmonella Typhimurium. PLoS Genet 16:e1008607 (2020). PubMed: 32053596
- Klein K et al. Deprivation of the Periplasmic Chaperone SurA Reduces Virulence and Restores Antibiotic Susceptibility of Multidrug-Resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Front Microbiol 10:100 (2019). PubMed: 30846971
- Virtanen P et al. Class II contact-dependent growth inhibition (CDI) systems allow for broad-range cross-species toxin delivery within the Enterobacteriaceae family. Mol Microbiol 111:1109-1125 (2019). PubMed: 30710431
- Høyland-Kroghsbo NM et al. Temperature, by Controlling Growth Rate, Regulates CRISPR-Cas Activity in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. MBio 9:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30425154