Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR1509Y] to RNA polymerase II RPB1 - ChIP Grade
- Suitable for: WB, ChIP
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-RNA polymerase II RPB1 antibody [EPR1509Y] - ChIP Grade
See all RNA polymerase II RPB1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR1509Y] to RNA polymerase II RPB1 - ChIP Grade
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ChIPmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human RNA polymerase II RPB1 aa 100-200 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035).
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Polymerase associated factors
- Pol II Transcription
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76123 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 270 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 217 kDa).|
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceRPB1 is a subunit of RNA polymerase II which catalyses transcription of RNA from DNA. RPB1 forms the polymerase active center together with the second largest subunit. Pol II is the central component of the basal RNA polymerase II transcription machinery. It is composed of mobile elements that move relative to each other. RPB1 is part of the core element with the central large cleft, the clamp element that moves to open and close the cleft and the jaws that are thought to grab the incoming DNA template.
- DNA directed RNA polymerase II subunit RPB1 antibody
- hRPB220 antibody
- hsRPB1 antibody
Anti-RNA polymerase II RPB1 antibody [EPR1509Y] - ChIP Grade (ab76123) at 1/2000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 217 kDa
Observed band size: 270 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Chromatin was prepared from 293T cells according to the Abcam Dual-X-ChIP protocol*. Cells were fixed with 1.5 mM EGS for 30mins and then formaldehyde for 10min.
The ChIP was performed with 25 µg of chromatin, 5 µg of ab76123 (red), or 5 µg of rabbit normal IgG ab172730 (gray) and 20 µl of Protein A/G sepharose beads. The immunoprecipitated DNA was quantified by real time PCR (Taqman approach for active and inactive loci, Sybr green approach for heterochromatic loci).
Primers and probes are commercial primers from Paper
ab76123 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Bugai A et al. P-TEFb Activation by RBM7 Shapes a Pro-survival Transcriptional Response to Genotoxic Stress. Mol Cell 74:254-267.e10 (2019). PubMed: 30824372
- Fang N et al. Sirt2 epigenetically down-regulates PDGFRa expression and promotes CG4 cell differentiation. Cell Cycle 18:1095-1109 (2019). PubMed: 31020898
- Glaich O et al. Histone H1.5 binds over splice sites in chromatin and regulates alternative splicing. Nucleic Acids Res 47:6145-6159 (2019). PubMed: 31076740
- Liu X et al. HIST1H1C Regulates Interferon-ß and Inhibits Influenza Virus Replication by Interacting with IRF3. Front Immunol 8:350 (2017). ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 28392790
- Lavigne MD et al. Global unleashing of transcription elongation waves in response to genotoxic stress restricts somatic mutation rate. Nat Commun 8:2076 (2017). PubMed: 29233992
- Ni T et al. Global intron retention mediated gene regulation during CD4+ T cell activation. Nucleic Acids Res 44:6817-29 (2016). PubMed: 27369383
- Kim JY et al. Chronic ethanol consumption inhibits glucokinase transcriptional activity by Atf3 and triggers metabolic syndrome in vivo. J Biol Chem 289:27065-79 (2014). ChIP . PubMed: 25074928
- Kim JW et al. New molecular bridge between RelA/p65 and NF-?B target genes via histone acetyltransferase TIP60 cofactor. J Biol Chem 287:7780-91 (2012). ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 22249179