Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to RNF40
- Suitable for: IP, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-RNF40 antibody
See all RNF40 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RNF40
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa nuclear extract.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26082 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 130 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 114 kDa). Abcam recommends using 5% milk as the blocking agent.|
FunctionE3 ubiquitin-protein ligase that mediates monoubiquitination of 'Lys-120' of histone H2B (H2BK120ub1). H2BK120ub1 gives a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation and is also prerequisite for histone H3 'Lys-4' and 'Lys-79' methylation (H3K4me and H3K79me, respectively). Forms a ubiquitin ligase complex in cooperation with the E2 enzyme UBE2E1/UBCH6. It thereby plays a central role in histone code and gene regulation. Required for transcriptional activation of Hox genes.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Expressed at higher level in testis, heart and pancreas, while it is only weakly expressed in lung, skeletal muscle and small intestine.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the BRE1 family.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
- Information by UniProt
- 95 kDa retinoblastoma associated protein antibody
- 95 kDa retinoblastoma protein binding protein antibody
- 95 kDa retinoblastoma-associated protein antibody
Anti-RNF40 antibody (ab26082) at 1 µg/ml + HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate at 35 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 114 kDa
Observed band size: 130 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 65 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 20 minutes
Abcam recommends using 5% milk as the blocking agent. Abcam welcomes customer feedback and would appreciate any comments regarding this product and the data presented above.
ab26082 (1/200) staining RNF40 in Human HeLa cells (green). Cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde, permeabilized using 0.5% Triton X100/PBS and counterstained with DAPI in order to highlight the nucleus (red). For further experimental details please refer to abreview.
ab26082 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Long L et al. The U4/U6 recycling factor SART3 has histone chaperone activity and associates with USP15 to regulate H2B deubiquitination. J Biol Chem 289:8916-30 (2014). WB . PubMed: 24526689
- Lilley CE et al. A viral E3 ligase targets RNF8 and RNF168 to control histone ubiquitination and DNA damage responses. EMBO J 29:943-55 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20075863
- Pirngruber J et al. CDK9 directs H2B monoubiquitination and controls replication-dependent histone mRNA 3'-end processing. EMBO Rep 10:894-900 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19575011