Key features and details
- NR2B antagonist
- CAS Number: 169274-78-6
Soluble in water to 25 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameRo 25-6981 maleate salt, NR2B antagonist
- Ro25-6981 maleate salt
Chemical name[R-(R*,S*)]-α-(4-Hydroxyphenyl)-β-methyl-4-(phenylmethyl)-1-piperidinepropanol maleate
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
2D chemical structure image of ab120290, Ro 25-6981 maleate salt, NR2B antagonist
Averaged time courses of NMDA receptor-isolated synaptic field potentials in dorsal lateral bed nucleus of the stria terminalis following 60 minutes of Ro 25-6981 (0.2, 2.0, or 10 μM; ab120290) in slices from naive adult male C57BL/6J mice.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120290 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Henneberger C et al. LTP Induction Boosts Glutamate Spillover by Driving Withdrawal of Perisynaptic Astroglia. Neuron 108:919-936.e11 (2020). PubMed: 32976770
- Le Roux N et al. Input-specific learning rules at excitatory synapses onto hippocampal parvalbumin-expressing interneurons. J Physiol 591:1809-22 (2013). PubMed: 23339172
- Che A et al. The Dyslexia-Associated Gene Dcdc2 Is Required for Spike-Timing Precision in Mouse Neocortex. Biol Psychiatry : (2013). PubMed: 24094509
- Wills TA et al. Developmental changes in the acute ethanol sensitivity of glutamatergic and GABAergic transmission in the BNST. Alcohol 47:531-7 (2013). PubMed: 24103431
- Gunn BG et al. Dysfunctional astrocytic and synaptic regulation of hypothalamic glutamatergic transmission in a mouse model of early-life adversity: relevance to neurosteroids and programming of the stress response. J Neurosci 33:19534-54 (2013). PubMed: 24336719
- Wills TA et al. GluN2B subunit deletion reveals key role in acute and chronic ethanol sensitivity of glutamate synapses in bed nucleus of the stria terminalis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E278-87 (2012). PubMed: 22219357
- Ye ZY et al. Casein kinase 2-mediated synaptic GluN2A up-regulation increases N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor activity and excitability of hypothalamic neurons in hypertension. J Biol Chem 287:17438-46 (2012). PubMed: 22474321
- Zhao YL et al. Chronic opioid potentiates presynaptic but impairs postsynaptic N-methyl-D-aspartic acid receptor activity in spinal cords: implications for opioid hyperalgesia and tolerance. J Biol Chem 287:25073-85 (2012). PubMed: 22679016
- McNally JM et al. Complex receptor mediation of acute ketamine application on in vitro gamma oscillations in mouse prefrontal cortex: modeling gamma band oscillation abnormalities in schizophrenia. Neuroscience 199:51-63 (2011). PubMed: 22027237
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES, NOT FOR USE IN HUMANS"
For licensing inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org