Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ROCK1 (phospho T455 + S456)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ROCK1 (phospho T455 + S456) antibody
See all ROCK1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ROCK1 (phospho T455 + S456)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Rat heart tissue and Human lung carcinoma tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.01% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab203273 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/100 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 158 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.
When using a fluorescent probe the recommended dilution is 1/50 – 1/200
FunctionProtein kinase which is a key regulator of actin cytoskeleton and cell polarity. Involved in regulation of smooth muscle contraction, actin cytoskeleton organization, stress fiber and focal adhesion formation, neurite retraction, cell adhesion and motility via phosphorylation of DAPK3, GFAP, LIMK1, LIMK2, MYL9/MLC2, PFN1 and PPP1R12A. Phosphorylates FHOD1 and acts synergistically with it to promote SRC-dependent non-apoptotic plasma membrane blebbing. Phosphorylates JIP3 and regulates the recruitment of JNK to JIP3 upon UVB-induced stress. Acts as a suppressor of inflammatory cell migration by regulating PTEN phosphorylation and stability. Acts as a negative regulator of VEGF-induced angiogenic endothelial cell activation. Required for centrosome positioning and centrosome-dependent exit from mitosis. Plays a role in terminal erythroid differentiation. May regulate closure of the eyelids and ventral body wall by inducing the assembly of actomyosin bundles. Promotes keratinocyte terminal differentiation. Involved in osteoblast compaction through the fibronectin fibrillogenesis cell-mediated matrix assembly process, essential for osteoblast mineralization.
Tissue specificityDetected in blood platelets.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 REM (Hr1) repeat.
DomainThe C-terminal auto-inhibitory domain interferes with kinase activity. RHOA binding leads to a conformation change and activation of the kinase. Truncated ROCK1 is constitutively activated.
modificationsAutophosphorylated on serine and threonine residues.
Cleaved by caspase-3 during apoptosis. This leads to constitutive activation of the kinase and membrane blebbing.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cytoplasm, cytoskeleton, microtubule organizing center, centrosome, centriole. Golgi apparatus membrane. Cell projection, bleb. Cytoplasm, cytoskeleton. Cell membrane. Cell projection, lamellipodium. Cell projection, ruffle. Associated with the mother centriole and an intercentriolar linker. Colocalizes with ITGB1BP1 and ITGB1 at the cell membrane predominantly in lamellipodia and membrane ruffles, but also in retraction fibers. Localizes at the cell membrane in an ITGB1BP1-dependent manner (By similarity). A small proportion is associated with Golgi membranes.
- Information by UniProt
- coiled-coil-containing protein kinase 1 antibody
- coiled-coil-containing protein kinase I antibody
- MGC131603 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded rat heart tissue labeling ROCK1 with ab203273 at 1/200 dilution followed by conjugation to the secondary antibody and DAB staining.
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma tissue labeling ROCK1 with ab203273 at 1/200 dilution followed by conjugation to the secondary antibody and DAB staining.
ab203273 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhao Y et al. Microbial recognition by GEF-H1 controls IKKe mediated activation of IRF5. Nat Commun 10:1349 (2019). PubMed: 30902986
- Ma X et al. Analyze and Identify Peiminine Target EGFR Improve Lung Function and Alleviate Pulmonary Fibrosis to Prevent Exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease by Phosphoproteomics Analysis. Front Pharmacol 10:737 (2019). PubMed: 31333459
- Wang W et al. SMAD specific E3 ubiquitin protein ligase 1 promotes ovarian cancer cell migration and invasion via the activation of the RhoA/ROCK signaling pathway. Oncol Rep 41:668-676 (2019). PubMed: 30542716
- Wong WY et al. Persistent disruption of lateral junctional complexes and actin cytoskeleton in parotid salivary glands following radiation treatment. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 315:R656-R667 (2018). PubMed: 29897817
- Wang J et al. Rho A Regulates Epidermal Growth Factor-Induced Human Osteosarcoma MG63 Cell Migration. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29751634
- Fu J et al. 1, 6-di-O-caffeoyl-ß-D-glucopyranoside, a natural compound from Callicarpa nudiflora Hook impairs P2Y12 and thromboxane A2 receptor-mediated amplification of platelet activation and aggregation. Phytomedicine 36:273-282 (2017). PubMed: 29157825
- Zhu KC et al. Afzelin exhibits anti-cancer activity against androgen-sensitive LNCaP and androgen-independent PC-3 prostate cancer cells through the inhibition of LIM domain kinase 1. Oncol Lett 10:2359-2365 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 26622852