For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume you’re happy with this.
Hi we have tested the new ROCK1 antibody ab97592 using the same conditions/method we always used for ab45171 when it was working, but unfortunately the new antibody gave just non-specific staining. I was wondering if it was possible to try ab58305 as an alternative to see if this one will work?
Asked on May 16 2012
Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that the alternative free of charge replacement has also not worked.
It is regrettable both the antibodies have not provided satisfactory results. I would like to reassure you that ab97592 is tested and guaranteed for IHC-P on human samples.
I am concerned that these experiments are still not working for you. In this case, I would like to investigate further Before deciding how to proceed in this case I would appreciate if you are able to confirm the following information which may help me to determine where the difficulty is:
1. Please confirm what the species and tissue typeof the sample. Are these frozen (IHC-Fr) or paraffin embedded sections (IHC-P)?
2. Please confirm how the samples are being processed. Are the samples fresh before fixation? How are they being fixed?
3. What dilution of antibody is being used? Has this been optimized?
4. How is the antibody being stored?
5. Please confirm the wash steps being used?
6. Is the current vial of secondary antibody working well with other primary antibodies? Please confirm the details for the primary antibody. Has a no primary control been included?
Many thanks for your continued cooperation. I look forward to hearing from you with the requested information.
Answered on May 16 2012