Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1132Y] to RON
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, IP, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-RON antibody [EP1132Y]
See all RON primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1132Y] to RON
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, IP, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human RON aa 1-100 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- SKBR3 cell lysate; human stomach tissue.
The major RON transcript is translated into a glycosylated single chain precursor, cleaved into a 185 kDa heterodimer (p185Ron) of 35 (alpha) and 150 kDa (beta) disulfide-linked chains, before exposure at the cell surface.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52927 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 35,150,180 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 185 kDa). 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 35/150/180 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 185 kDa). See Notes section of Datasheet.|
|Flow Cyt||1/20 - 1/40.
Methanol fixed cells.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionReceptor for macrophage stimulating protein (MSP). Has a tyrosine-protein kinase activity.
Tissue specificityKeratinocytes and lung.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family.
Contains 3 IPT/TIG domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 Sema domain.
modificationsProteolytic processing yields the two subunits.
Phosphorylated in response to ligand binding.
- Information by UniProt
- c met related tyrosine kinase antibody
- CD136 antibody
- CD136 antigen antibody
Anti-RON antibody [EP1132Y] (ab52927) at 1/10000 dilution + SKBR3 cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP-labelled goat anti-rabbit
Predicted band size: 185 kDa
Immunohistochemical staining of paraffin-embedded human stomach tissue using ab52927 at a dilution of 1/100-1/250.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Overlay histogram showing THP1 cells stained with ab52927 (red line). The cells were fixed with methanol (5 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab52927, 1/20 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit monoclonal IgG (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a decreased signal in THP1 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) used under the same conditions.
Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody in non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
ELISA analysis of Human RON recombinant protein at 1000 ng/mL with ab52927. An Alkaline Phosphatase-conjugated AffiniPure Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/2500 dilution was used as the secondary antibody.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab52927 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Hao C et al. OPN promotes the aggressiveness of non-small-cell lung cancer cells through the activation of the RON tyrosine kinase. Sci Rep 9:18101 (2019). PubMed: 31792339
- LoRusso PM et al. Phase 1 study of narnatumab, an anti-RON receptor monoclonal antibody, in patients with advanced solid tumors. Invest New Drugs 35:442-450 (2017). PubMed: 28161886
- Han DH et al. A missing link between RON expression and oncological outcomes in resected left-sided pancreatic cancer. Oncol Lett 14:4225-4230 (2017). PubMed: 28943931
- Zhang Y et al. Plasma Level of Placenta-Derived Macrophage-Stimulating Protein -Chain in Preeclampsia before 20 Weeks of Pregnancy. PLoS One 11:e0161626 (2016). IHC-P . PubMed: 27559727
- Wang Q et al. RON confers lapatinib resistance in HER2-positive breast cancer cells. Cancer Lett 340:43-50 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23811285
- Mühlebach MD et al. Adherens junction protein nectin-4 is the epithelial receptor for measles virus. Nature 480:530-3 (2011). PubMed: 22048310