Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ROR alpha/RORA
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ROR alpha/RORA antibody
See all ROR alpha/RORA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ROR alpha/RORA
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Goat, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Zebrafish
- WB: Jurkat cells. ICC: HepG2 cells. IHC-P: Human kidney tissue.
This product was previously labelled as ROR alpha
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab60134 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 68 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 63 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 - 8 µg/ml.|
FunctionOrphan nuclear receptor. Binds DNA as a monomer to hormone response elements (HRE) containing a single core motif half-site preceded by a short A-T-rich sequence. This isomer binds to the consensus sequence 5'-[AT][TA]A[AT][CGT]TAGGTCA-3'. Regulates a number of genes involved in lipid metabolism such as apolipoproteins AI, APOA5, CIII, CYP71 and PPARgamma, in cerebellum and photoreceptor development including PCP2, OPN1SW, OPN1SM AND ARR3, in circadian rhythm with BMAL1, and skeletal muscle development with MYOD1. Possible receptor for cholesterol or one of its derivatives.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed in a number of tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR1 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation by PKC in neurons inhibits transcriptional activity. Phosphorylated on Thr-216 by ERK2 in vitro.
Sumoylated by SENP1 and SENP2. Sumoylation, promoted by PIAS2, PIAS3, PIASy but not PIAS1, enhances the transcriptional activity. Desumoylated by SENP1.
Ubiquitinated. Ubiquitination is required for efficient transcriptional activity and is prevented by Hairless.
- Information by UniProt
- fhl2a antibody
- NR1F1 antibody
- Nuclear receptor ROR alpha antibody
All lanes : Anti-ROR alpha/RORA antibody (ab60134) at 1.25 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Molecular weight marker
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysate
All lanes : HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 63 kDa
Observed band size: 68 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Gel concentration: 12%
ICC/IF image of ab60134 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab60134, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human kidney tissue labelling ROR alpha/RORA with ab60134 at a concentration of 4-8µg/ml. Arrows indicate positively stained epithelial cells of the renal tubule.
ab60134 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Molinaro A et al. Liver-specific RORa deletion does not affect the metabolic susceptibility to western style diet feeding. Mol Metab 23:82-87 (2019). PubMed: 30904385
- Yang Y et al. White light emitting diode induces autophagy in hippocampal neuron cells through GSK-3-mediated GR and RORa pathways. Aging (Albany NY) 11:1832-1849 (2019). PubMed: 30923260
- Li W et al. Long noncoding RNA WDFY3-AS2 suppresses tumor progression by acting as a competing endogenous RNA of microRNA-18a in ovarian cancer. J Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31347170
- Shimada K et al. T-Cell-Intrinsic Receptor Interacting Protein 2 Regulates Pathogenic T Helper 17 Cell Differentiation. Immunity 49:873-885.e7 (2018). PubMed: 30366765
- Sun X et al. miR-652 Promotes Tumor Proliferation and Metastasis by Targeting RORA in Endometrial Cancer. Mol Cancer Res 16:1927-1939 (2018). PubMed: 30093563