Product nameRosiglitazone, PPARgamma agonist
DescriptionSelective PPARγ agonist
Selective PPARγ agonist (EC50 = 43 nM). Thiazolidinedione. Mediates adipocyte differentiation, increases lipogenesis and enhances fatty acid and glucose uptake. Promotes differentiation of urothelial organoids; potent and selective PPARγ agonist.
[[4- [2- (Methyl- 2- pyridinylamino) ethoxy] phenyl] methyl] - 2,4- thiazolidinedione
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 100 mM (with warming)
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120762 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab3580 staining glucocorticoid receptor in serum starved HeLa cells treated with rosiglitazone (120762), by ICC/IF. Changes in localization of glucocorticoid receptor (translocation from cytoplasm to nucleous) correlates with increased concentration of rosiglitazone, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 1h in media containing different concentrations of ab120762 (rosiglitazone) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab3580 (5 µg/ml) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120762 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Katoh-Fukui Y et al. Mouse polycomb group gene Cbx2 promotes osteoblastic but suppresses adipogenic differentiation in postnatal long bones. Bone 120:219-231 (2019). PubMed: 30389610
- Wu YX et al. Iguratimod prevents ovariectomy-induced bone loss and suppresses osteoclastogenesis via inhibition of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-?. Mol Med Rep 16:8200-8208 (2017). PubMed: 28983607
- Chen X et al. Effects of Osteoglycin (OGN) on treating senile osteoporosis by regulating MSCs. BMC Musculoskelet Disord 18:423 (2017). PubMed: 29073887
- Pinkosky SL et al. Liver-specific ATP-citrate lyase inhibition by bempedoic acid decreases LDL-C and attenuates atherosclerosis. Nat Commun 7:13457 (2016). PubMed: 27892461
- Asimakopoulou A et al. Lipocalin-2 (LCN2) regulates PLIN5 expression and intracellular lipid droplet formation in the liver. Biochim Biophys Acta 1842:1513-24 (2014). PubMed: 25086218