Product nameAnti-RPA70 antibody
See all RPA70 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RPA70
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Opossum, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to a region within amino acids 350 - 400 of Human RPA70 (NP_002936.1)
- Human: breast carcinoma, colon carcinoma, stomach adenocarcinoma, testicular seminoma. Mouse: colon carcinoma CT26.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87272 in the following tested applications.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500. Antigen retrieval is not essential but may optimise staining. Antigen retrieval with tris-EDTA buffer pH 9.0 recommended. Likely to work with frozen sections.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21079677|
FunctionPlays an essential role in several cellular processes in DNA metabolism including replication, recombination and DNA repair. Binds and subsequently stabilizes single-stranded DNA intermediates and thus prevents complementary DNA from reannealing.
Functions as component of the alternative replication protein A complex (aRPA). aRPA binds single-stranded DNA and probably plays a role in DNA repair; it does not support chromosomal DNA replication and cell cycle progression through S-phase. In vitro, aRPA cannot promote efficient priming by DNA polymerase alpha but supports DNA polymerase delta synthesis in the presence of PCNA and replication factor C (RFC), the dual incision/excision reaction of nucleotide excision repair and RAD51-dependent strand exchange.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the replication factor A protein 1 family.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Sumoylated on lysine residues Lys-449 and Lys-577, with Lys-449 being the major site. Sumoylation promotes recruitment of RAD51 to the DNA damage foci to initiate DNA repair through homologous recombinaison. Desumoylated by SENP6.
- Information by UniProt
- Dmrpa1 antibody
- Drosophila Replication Protein A antibody
- DRPA antibody
ab87272 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Tian H et al. CXXC1 is not essential for normal DNA double-strand break formation and meiotic recombination in mouse. PLoS Genet 14:e1007657 (2018). PubMed: 30365547
- Xu Z et al. H2B ubiquitination regulates meiotic recombination by promoting chromatin relaxation. Nucleic Acids Res 44:9681-9697 (2016). PubMed: 27431324
- Luo M et al. MEIOB exhibits single-stranded DNA-binding and exonuclease activities and is essential for meiotic recombination. Nat Commun 4:2788 (2013). PubMed: 24240703
- Shin YH et al. Hormad1 mutation disrupts synaptonemal complex formation, recombination, and chromosome segregation in mammalian meiosis. PLoS Genet 6:e1001190 (2010). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 21079677