Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to RPL7
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-RPL7 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RPL7
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Turkey, Pig, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Catfish, Orangutan, Xenopus tropicalis
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residue 200 and the C-terminus (residue 248) of human RPL7 (NP_000962.2)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72550 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 29 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 mg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionBinds to G-rich structures in 28S rRNA and in mRNAs. Plays a regulatory role in the translation apparatus; inhibits cell-free translation of mRNAs.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ribosomal protein L30P family.
- Information by UniProt
- 60S ribosomal protein L7 antibody
- humL7 1 antibody
- L7 antibody
All lanes : Anti-RPL7 antibody (ab72550)
Lane 1 : U2OS whole cell lysate treated with control siRNA
Lane 2 : U2OS whole cell lysate treated with RPL7 siRNA
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated donkey anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal at 1/1 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 29 kDa
Observed band size: 30 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 10 seconds
Blocked with 2% milk for 1 hour at 18°C.
Incubated with the primary antibody in 2% milk for 18 hours at 4°C.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human lung carcinoma and bronchioalveolar carcinoma pleural effusion tissue labelling RPL7 with ab72550 at 1/1000 (0.2µg/ml) and 1/200 (1µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
All lanes : Anti-RPL7 antibody (ab72550) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 5 : NIH3T3 whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 29 kDa
Observed band size: 29 kDa
Detection of Human RPL7 by Immunoprecipitation from Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells (1 mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded), using ab72550 at 3 µg/mg lysate for IP and at 1 µg/ml for subsequent Western blot detection.
IHC image of ab72550 staining in human normal cervix formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab72550, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab72550 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Autour A et al. Fluorogenic RNA Mango aptamers for imaging small non-coding RNAs in mammalian cells. Nat Commun 9:656 (2018). PubMed: 29440634
- Noda T et al. Importance of the 1+7 configuration of ribonucleoprotein complexes for influenza A virus genome packaging. Nat Commun 9:54 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29302061
- Das M et al. DDX5/p68 associated lncRNA LOC284454 is differentially expressed in human cancers and modulates gene expression. RNA Biol 15:214-230 (2018). PubMed: 29227193
- Maghames CM et al. NEDDylation promotes nuclear protein aggregation and protects the Ubiquitin Proteasome System upon proteotoxic stress. Nat Commun 9:4376 (2018). PubMed: 30349034
- Spinnenhirn V et al. Newly translated proteins are substrates for ubiquitin, ISG15, and FAT10. FEBS Lett 591:186-195 (2017). PubMed: 27926780