Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR8716] to RPS20
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-RPS20 antibody [EPR8716]
See all RPS20 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR8716] to RPS20
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human RPS20 (UniProt ID: P60866)
- HeLa, A431, HUVEC and Human placenta lysates. Human cervical carcinoma tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 2.51 x 10 -10 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133776 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 13 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ribosomal protein S10P family.
- Information by UniProt
- 40S ribosomal protein S20 antibody
- Ribosomal protein S20 antibody
- RPS 20 antibody
All lanes : Anti-RPS20 antibody [EPR8716] (ab133776) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : A431 cell lysate
Lane 3 : HUVEC cell lysate
Lane 4 : Human placenta cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-labelled Goat anti-Rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 13 kDa
Flow Cytometry analysis of A431 cells (human epidermoid carcinoma) labeling RPS20 with purified ab9133776 at 1/250 dilution(10ug/ml) (red). Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilised with 90% Methanol. A Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488)(ab150077)(1/2000 dilution) was used as the secondary antibody. Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black)(ab172730) was used as the isotype control, cells without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue) were used as the unlabeled control.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human cervical carcinoma tissue labelling RPS20 using ab133776 at 1/100 dilution
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab133776 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Kido T et al. The X-linked tumor suppressor TSPX downregulates cancer-drivers/oncogenes in prostate cancer in a C-terminal acidic domain dependent manner. Oncotarget 10:1491-1506 (2019). PubMed: 30863497
- Johnson AG et al. RACK1 on and off the ribosome. RNA 25:881-895 (2019). PubMed: 31023766
- Juszkiewicz S & Hegde RS Initiation of Quality Control during Poly(A) Translation Requires Site-Specific Ribosome Ubiquitination. Mol Cell 65:743-750.e4 (2017). PubMed: 28065601
- Garzia A et al. The E3 ubiquitin ligase and RNA-binding protein ZNF598 orchestrates ribosome quality control of premature polyadenylated mRNAs. Nat Commun 8:16056 (2017). PubMed: 28685749
- Sundaramoorthy E et al. ZNF598 and RACK1 Regulate Mammalian Ribosome-Associated Quality Control Function by Mediating Regulatory 40S Ribosomal Ubiquitylation. Mol Cell 65:751-760.e4 (2017). PubMed: 28132843