Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to RPS6 - Ribosome Marker
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-RPS6 antibody - Ribosome Marker
See all RPS6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RPS6 - Ribosome Marker
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Goat, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Turkey, Pig, Chimpanzee, Reptile, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residues 100 and 150 of human RPS6. ( NP_001001.2).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 6.8
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70227 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 30 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionMay play an important role in controlling cell growth and proliferation through the selective translation of particular classes of mRNA.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ribosomal protein S6e family.
modificationsRibosomal protein S6 is the major substrate of protein kinases in eukaryote ribosomes. The phosphorylation is stimulated by growth factors, tumor promoting agents, and mitogens. It is dephosphorylated at growth arrest.
- Information by UniProt
- 40S ribosomal protein S6 antibody
- Air8 antibody
- NP33 antibody
Anti-RPS6 antibody - Ribosome Marker (ab70227) at 1/1000 dilution + Caenorhabditis elegans whole adult tissue lysate at 200 µg
HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 30 kDa
Observed band size: 28 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 24 kDa (possible non-specific binding), 26 kDa (possible non-specific binding), 40 kDa (possible non-specific binding)
Exposure time: 40 seconds
All lanes : Anti-RPS6 antibody - Ribosome Marker (ab70227) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 50 µg
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 15 µg
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 5 µg
Lane 4 : Whole cell lysate from 293T cells at 50 µg
Lane 5 : Whole cell lysate from NIH3T3 cells at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 30 kDa
Observed band size: 30 kDa
Exposure time: 30 seconds
Detection of Human RPS6 by Immunoprecipitation. Samples: A) Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells (1 mg/IP; 1/4 of IP loaded) using affinity purified ab70227 at 3 µg/mg lysate for IP and at 0.04 µg/ml for subequent WB detection. Second lane represents IgG IP control.
ab70227 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Miao H et al. A long noncoding RNA distributed in both nucleus and cytoplasm operates in the PYCARD-regulated apoptosis by coordinating the epigenetic and translational regulation. PLoS Genet 15:e1008144 (2019). PubMed: 31086376
- Yu Z et al. Autophagy defects and related genetic variations in renal cell carcinoma with eosinophilic cytoplasmic inclusions. Sci Rep 8:9972 (2018). PubMed: 29967346
- Tiku V et al. Small nucleoli are a cellular hallmark of longevity. Nat Commun 8:16083 (2017). PubMed: 28853436
- Hagner PR et al. Ribosomal protein S6 is highly expressed in non-Hodgkin lymphoma and associates with mRNA containing a 5' terminal oligopyrimidine tract. Oncogene : (2010). IP ; Human . PubMed: 21102526