Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to RPS6 (phospho S235 + S236)
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Electron Microscopy
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-RPS6 (phospho S235 + S236) antibody
See all RPS6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RPS6 (phospho S235 + S236)
SpecificityThis antibody does not cross react with RPS6 phosphorylated on serines 244 and 247.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Electron Microscopymore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide derived from the region of human RPS6 that contains serines 235 and 236 (unfortunately, the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive)
- HeLa +/- TNF-alpha or anisomycin
General notesCentrifuge before opening to settle contents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA
Dulbecco's PBS without magnesium and calcium
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from rabbit serum by sequential epitope-specific chromatography. The antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using a non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated RPS6. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using a RPS6-derived peptide that is phosphorylated at serines 235 and 236.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12864 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 32 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Used at a dilution of 1/100 for 2 hrs on HeLa cells (see Abreview submitted by Marco Biggiogera).|
|Electron Microscopy||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
FunctionMay play an important role in controlling cell growth and proliferation through the selective translation of particular classes of mRNA.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ribosomal protein S6e family.
modificationsRibosomal protein S6 is the major substrate of protein kinases in eukaryote ribosomes. The phosphorylation is stimulated by growth factors, tumor promoting agents, and mitogens. It is dephosphorylated at growth arrest.
- Information by UniProt
- 40S ribosomal protein S6 antibody
- Air8 antibody
- NP33 antibody
Lysates prepared from HeLa cells left untreated (1) or treated with anisomycin (2-5) were resolved by SDS-PAGE on a 14% polyacrylamide gel and transferred to PVDF. Membranes were blocked with a 5% BSA-TBST buffer for one hour at room temperature, and incubated with ab12864 for two hours at room temperature in a 3% BSA-TBST buffer, following prior incubation with: no peptide (1, 2), the non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the immunogen (3), a generic phosphoserine-containing peptide (4), or, the phosphopeptide immunogen (5). After washing, membranes were incubated with a goat anti-rabbit IgG HRP conjugate secondary antibody and bands were detected using the Pierce SuperSignalTM method. The data show that only the peptide corresponding to RPS6 blocks the signal, verifying the specificity of the antibody. Peptide Competition. Lysates prepared from HeLa cells left untreated (1) or treated with anisomycin (2-5) were resolved by SDS-PAGE on a 14% po
ab12864 at a 1/100 dilution staining human HeLa cells by ICC/IF. The cells were formaldehyde fixed and then incubated with the antibody for 2 hours. An Alexa Fluor ® 488 conjugated goat polyclonal antibody was used as the secondary.
ab12864 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Ma YF et al. Phosphorylation of AKT serine/threonine kinase and abundance of milk protein synthesis gene networks in mammary tissue in response to supply of methionine in periparturient Holstein cows. J Dairy Sci 102:4264-4274 (2019). PubMed: 30879806
- Fan G et al. Danshensu alleviates cardiac ischaemia/reperfusion injury by inhibiting autophagy and apoptosis via activation of mTOR signalling. J Cell Mol Med 20:1908-19 (2016). Rat . PubMed: 27385290
- Van Rechem C et al. Lysine demethylase KDM4A associates with translation machinery and regulates protein synthesis. Cancer Discov 5:255-63 (2015). Human . PubMed: 25564516
- Wang M et al. Role of ribosomal protein RPS2 in controlling let-7a expression in human prostate cancer. Mol Cancer Res 9:36-50 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21148031
- Shen Y et al. Mutations in PNKD causing paroxysmal dyskinesia alters protein cleavage and stability. Hum Mol Genet 20:2322-32 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 21487022
- Cisterna B et al. An active mechanism flanks and modulates the export of the small ribosomal subunits. Histochem Cell Biol 131:743-53 (2009). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 19294406
- Cisterna B et al. Small ribosomal subunits associate with nuclear myosin and actin in transit to the nuclear pores. FASEB J 20:1901-3 (2006). PubMed: 16877530