Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR11820] to RRM2
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IP
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-RRM2 antibody [EPR11820]
See all RRM2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR11820] to RRM2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment within Human RRM2. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P31350
- HeLa, HepG2, K562, and Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899); HeLa cells.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab172476 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
FunctionProvides the precursors necessary for DNA synthesis. Catalyzes the biosynthesis of deoxyribonucleotides from the corresponding ribonucleotides. Inhibits Wnt signaling.
PathwayGenetic information processing; DNA replication.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ribonucleoside diphosphate reductase small chain family.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Ser-20 relieves the inhibitory effect on Wnt signaling.
- Information by UniProt
- cb111 antibody
- chunp6884 antibody
- etID309896.20 antibody
All lanes : Anti-RRM2 antibody [EPR11820] (ab172476) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 3 : K562 cell lysate
Lane 4 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells labeling RRM2 with ab172476 at 1/100 dilution (red). DAPI nuclear staining (blue).
Western blot analysis on immunoprecipitation pellet from HeLa cell lysate (lane 1) labeling RRM2 with ab172476 at 1/10 dilution or 1X PBS (lane 2) negative control. HRP-conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG preferentially detecting the non-reduced form of Rabbit IgG.
ab172476 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Qi W et al. Inhibition of Wee1 sensitizes AML cells to ATR inhibitor VE-822-induced DNA damage and apoptosis. Biochem Pharmacol 164:273-282 (2019). PubMed: 31014753
- Wang N et al. Downregulation of ribonucleotide reductase subunits M2 induces apoptosis and G1 arrest of cervical cancer cells. Oncol Lett 15:3719-3725 (2018). PubMed: 29556274
- Shinoda S et al. Deferasirox, an oral iron chelator, with gemcitabine synergistically inhibits pancreatic cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivo. Oncotarget 9:28434-28444 (2018). PubMed: 29983871
- Liang WH et al. DSCAM-AS1 promotes tumor growth of breast cancer by reducing miR-204-5p and up-regulating RRM2. Mol Carcinog N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30457164
- Liang M et al. CHK1 inhibition sensitizes pancreatic cancer cells to gemcitabine via promoting CDK-dependent DNA damage and ribonucleotide reductase downregulation. Oncol Rep 39:1322-1330 (2018). PubMed: 29286153
- Saxena S et al. XRCC2 Regulates Replication Fork Progression during dNTP Alterations. Cell Rep 25:3273-3282.e6 (2018). PubMed: 30566856
- Liu S et al. Inhibition of ATR potentiates the cytotoxic effect of gemcitabine on pancreatic cancer cells through enhancement of DNA damage and abrogation of ribonucleotide reductase induction by gemcitabine. Oncol Rep 37:3377-3386 (2017). PubMed: 28440428
- Guo JR et al. Effect of Phyllanthus amarus Extract on 5-Fluorouracil-Induced Perturbations in Ribonucleotide and Deoxyribonucleotide Pools in HepG2 Cell Line. Molecules 21:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27657029
- Kuny CV & Kalejta RF Human Cytomegalovirus Can Procure Deoxyribonucleotides for Viral DNA Replication in the Absence of Retinoblastoma Protein Phosphorylation. J Virol 90:8634-43 (2016). PubMed: 27440891