Key features and details
- Group I mGlu receptor agonist
- CAS Number: 19641-83-9
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in water to 10 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product name(R,S)-3,5-DHPG, group I mGlu receptor agonist
DescriptionGroup I mGlu receptor agonist
Selective group I mGlu receptor agonist
Also available in simple stock solutions (ab146669) - add 1 ml of water to get an exact, ready-to-use concentration.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store In the Dark. Store under desiccating conditions. This product is air and light sensitive and impurities can occur as a result of air oxidation or due to metabolism by microbes.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 10 mM
This compound is also unstable in alkaline solution when it rapidly forms a brown colouration it is therefore recommended that alkaline is not used to dissolve this compound.
We recommend stock solutions are made up in water, aliquoted immediately and stored at -20°C. They should be used within one week.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120020 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab17722 staining FMRP in SK-N-SH cells treated with (R,S)-3,5-DHPG (ab120020), by ICC/IF. Increase in FMRP expression correlates with increased concentration of (R,S)-3,5-DHPG, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 1h in media containing different concentrations of ab120020 ((R,S)-3,5-DHPG) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab17722 (5 µg/ml) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120020 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Bowling H et al. Altered steady state and activity-dependent de novo protein expression in fragile X syndrome. Nat Commun 10:1710 (2019). PubMed: 30979884
- Li JQ et al. Regulation of increased glutamatergic input to spinal dorsal horn neurons by mGluR5 in diabetic neuropathic pain. J Neurochem 112:162-72 (2010). PubMed: 19840219
- Roloff AM et al. Homer 1a gates the induction mechanism for endocannabinoid-mediated synaptic plasticity. J Neurosci 30:3072-81 (2010). PubMed: 20181604
- Musante V et al. Presynaptic mGlu1 and mGlu5 autoreceptors facilitate glutamate exocytosis from mouse cortical nerve endings. Neuropharmacology 55:474-82 (2008). PubMed: 18625255