Key features and details
- mGlu5 agonist; water soluble
- CAS Number:
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in water to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product name(R,S)-CHPG sodium salt, mGlu5 agonist; water soluble
DescriptionmGlu5 agonist; water soluble
Chemical name(R,S)-2-Amino-2-(2-chloro-5-hydroxyphenyl)acetic acid sodium salt
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120221 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Suryavanshi PS et al. Glutamate Delta-1 Receptor Regulates Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5 Signaling in the Hippocampus. Mol Pharmacol 90:96-105 (2016). PubMed: 27231330
- Besheer J et al. Stress Hormone Exposure Reduces mGluR5 Expression in the Nucleus Accumbens: Functional Implications for Interoceptive Sensitivity to Alcohol. Neuropsychopharmacology : (2014). PubMed: 24713611
- Kammermeier PJ The orthosteric agonist 2-chloro-5-hydroxyphenylglycine activates mGluR5 and mGluR1 with similar efficacy and potency. BMC Pharmacol 12:6 (2012). PubMed: 22642439