Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [Y81] to RSK1 p90
- Suitable for: WB
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-RSK1 p90 antibody [Y81]
See all RSK1 p90 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [Y81] to RSK1 p90
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IHC
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human RSK1 p90 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- MCF7 cell lysate.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32526 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 90 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa).|
FunctionSerine/threonine kinase that may play a role in mediating the growth-factor and stress induced activation of the transcription factor CREB.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. S6 kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 2 protein kinase domains.
modificationsAutophosphorylated on Ser-380, as part of the activation process.
- Information by UniProt
- 90 kDa ribosomal protein S6 kinase 1 antibody
- dJ590P13.1 (ribosomal protein S6 kinase, 90kD, polypeptide 1 antibody
- dJ590P13.1 antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: RSK1 knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: MCF-7 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: K562 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab32526 observed at 85 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8245, observed at 37 kDa.
ab32526 was shown to recognize RSK1 when RSK1 knockout samples were used, along with additional cross-reactive bands. Wild-type and RSK1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab32526 and ab8245 (loading control to GADPH) were diluted 1/1000 and 1/2000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4°C. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed ab216773 and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed ab216776 secondary antibodies at 1/10000 dilution for 1 h at room temperature before imaging.
Anti-RSK1 p90 antibody [Y81] (ab32526) at 1/1000 dilution + MCF7 cell lysate
Predicted band size: 83 kDa
Observed band size: 90 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab32526 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Wang X et al. Sarcodon imbricatus polysaccharides improve mouse hematopoietic function after cyclophosphamide-induced damage via G-CSF mediated JAK2/STAT3 pathway. Cell Death Dis 9:578 (2018). PubMed: 29784961
- Lu W et al. Calf Spleen Extractive Injection protects mice against cyclophosphamide-induced hematopoietic injury through G-CSF-mediated JAK2/STAT3 signaling. Sci Rep 7:8402 (2017). PubMed: 28827748
- Wang X et al. Male hormones activate EphA2 to facilitate Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus infection: Implications for gender disparity in Kaposi's sarcoma. PLoS Pathog 13:e1006580 (2017). PubMed: 28957431