Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [E239] to RSK1 p90 (phospho S380)
- Suitable for: Dot blot, WB, ICC/IF, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-RSK1 p90 (phospho S380) antibody [E239]
See all RSK1 p90 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [E239] to RSK1 p90 (phospho S380)
SpecificityThe antibody only detects RSK1 phosphorylated on Serine 380.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Dot blot, WB, ICC/IF, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IHC
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic phospho-peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser380 of human p90RSK1.
- A431 cell lysates
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32203 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 90 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||1/250 - 1/500.|
FunctionSerine/threonine kinase that may play a role in mediating the growth-factor and stress induced activation of the transcription factor CREB.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. S6 kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 2 protein kinase domains.
modificationsAutophosphorylated on Ser-380, as part of the activation process.
- Information by UniProt
- 90 kDa ribosomal protein S6 kinase 1 antibody
- dJ590P13.1 (ribosomal protein S6 kinase, 90kD, polypeptide 1 antibody
- dJ590P13.1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-RSK1 p90 (phospho S380) antibody [E239] (ab32203) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : A431 (Human epidermoid carcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysates
Lane 2 : A431 (Human epidermoid carcinoma epithelial cell) treated with epidermal growth factor at 100ng/ml for 10 min. Whole cell lysates.
Lane 3 : A431 (Human epidermoid carcinoma epithelial cell) treated with epidermal growth factor at 100ng/ml for 10 min. Whole cell lysates. Then the membrane was incubated with phosphatase.
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 83 kDa
Observed band size: 90 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 3 minutes
Blocking and diluting buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Immunofluorescent analysis of 4% Paraformaldehyde-fixed, 0.1% tritonX-100 permeabilized A431(Human epidermoid carcinoma cell line) cells, treated and non-treated, labeling RSK1 p90 (phospho S380) with Ab32203 at 1/200 dilution followed by Goat anti-Rabbit secondary IgG AlexaFluor®488 (ab150077) secondary antibody at 1/1000 dilution (green).
The green staining was increased in the EGF(ab9697 100ng/ml, 10min) treated A431 cells when compared with A431 cells without treatment. After LP treatment, the green signaling was obviously decreased.
For the pan antibody, there was no great difference after EGF (100ng/ml, 10min) or EGF (100ng/ml, 10min) + LP treatment. The data showed mostly Cytoplasm staining.
RSK1 p90 (phospho S380) was immunoprecipitated from 10μg A431 (human epidermoid carcinoma) whole cell lysate with ab32203 at 1/20 dilution (0.5μg in 0.35mg lysates). Western blot was performed from the immunoprecipitate using ab32203 at 1/200 dilution (0.54 μg/ml). VeriBlot for IP Detection Reagent (HRP) ab131366, was used for detection at 1/1000 dilution.
Lane 1 Input: A431(human epidermoid carcinoma) treated with 100ng/ml EGF for 10min whole cell lysate 10μg
Lane 2 (+): ab32203 + A431(human epidermoid carcinoma) treated with 100ng/ml EGF for 10min whole cell lysate
Lane 3 (-): Rabbit monoclonal IgG (ab172730) instead of ab32203 in A431(human epidermoid carcinoma) treated with 100ng/ml EGF for 10min whole cell lysate
Blocking and diluting buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Dot blot analysis of RSK1 p90 (phospho S380) phospho peptide (Lane 1) and RSK1 p90 non-phospho peptide (Lane 2) labeling RSK1 p90 (phospho S380) with ab32203 at a dilution of 1/1000. ab97051 (Peroxidase conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG) (H+L) at 1/100 000 was used as the secondary antibody.
Blocking and diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Exposure time: 3 minutes.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab32203 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Stathopoulou K et al. Divergent off-target effects of RSK N-terminal and C-terminal kinase inhibitors in cardiac myocytes. Cell Signal 63:109362 (2019). PubMed: 31344438
- Yang C et al. CXCL1 stimulates migration and invasion in ER-negative breast cancer cells via activation of the ERK/MMP2/9 signaling axis. Int J Oncol 55:684-696 (2019). PubMed: 31322183
- Shrestha D et al. Actin Dysfunction Induces Cell Cycle Delay at G2/M with Sustained ERK and RSK Activation in IMR-90 Normal Human Fibroblasts. Mol Cells 41:436-443 (2018). PubMed: 29754473
- Li FF et al. Pachymic acid protects H9c2 cardiomyocytes from lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation and apoptosis by inhibiting the extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 and p38 pathways. Mol Med Rep 12:2807-13 (2015). PubMed: 25936656
- Smadja-Lamère N et al. Insulin Activates RSK (p90 Ribosomal S6 Kinase) to Trigger a New Negative Feedback Loop That Regulates Insulin Signaling for Glucose Metabolism. J Biol Chem 288:31165-76 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24036112