Key features and details
- Selective group I mGlu agonist. 1 ml water soluble pack.
- CAS Number: 162870-29-3
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in 1ml of water to give specified mM/ml concentration
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product name(S)-3,5-DHPG (mM/ml), group I mGlu agonist
DescriptionSelective group I mGlu agonist. 1 ml water soluble pack.
Selective group I mGlu agonist.
Soluble in 1 ml water to give specified mM/ml concentration. Find out more.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store In the Dark. Store under desiccating conditions. This product is air and light sensitive and impurities can occur as a result of air oxidation or due to metabolism by microbes.
Solubility overviewSoluble in 1ml of water to give specified mM/ml concentration
This product is supplied in one (or more) pack size which is freeze dried. Therefore the contents may not be readily visible, as they can coat the bottom or walls of the vial. Please see our FAQs and information page for more details on handling.
This compound is also unstable in alkaline solution when it rapidly forms a brown colouration it is therefore recommended that alkaline is not used to dissolve this compound.
We recommend stock solutions are made up in water, aliquoted immediately and stored at -20°C. They should be used within one week.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab144484 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Younts TJ et al. CA1 pyramidal cell theta-burst firing triggers endocannabinoid-mediated long-term depression at both somatic and dendritic inhibitory synapses. J Neurosci 33:13743-57 (2013). PubMed: 23966696
- Trovò L et al. Low hippocampal PI(4,5)P2 contributes to reduced cognition in old mice as a result of loss of MARCKS. Nat Neurosci 16:449-55 (2013). PubMed: 23434911
- Quattrocolo G & Maccaferri G Novel GABAergic circuits mediating excitation/inhibition of Cajal-Retzius cells in the developing hippocampus. J Neurosci 33:5486-98 (2013). PubMed: 23536064
- Noetzel MJ et al. Functional impact of allosteric agonist activity of selective positive allosteric modulators of metabotropic glutamate receptor subtype 5 in regulating central nervous system function. Mol Pharmacol 81:120-33 (2012). PubMed: 22021324
- Kovacs FE et al. Purine receptor-mediated endocannabinoid production and retrograde synaptic signalling in the cerebellar cortex. Br J Pharmacol 162:974-88 (2011). PubMed: 21054344