Product nameS-(4-Nitrobenzyl)-6-thioinosine, ENT1 inhibitor
DescriptionEquilibrative nucleoside transporter (ENT1) inhibitor.
- 6-S-[(4-Nitrophenyl)methyl]-6-thioinosine; 6
Nucleoside analog that competitively inhibits equilibrative nucleoside transporter 1 (ENT1) (IC50s = 4.6 and 3.6 nM for rat and human, respectively).
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Barnes K et al. Distribution and functional characterization of equilibrative nucleoside transporter-4, a novel cardiac adenosine transporter activated at acidic pH. Circ Res 99:510-9 (2006). Read more (PubMed: 16873718) »
- Baldwin SA et al. Functional characterization of novel human and mouse equilibrative nucleoside transporters (hENT3 and mENT3) located in intracellular membranes. J Biol Chem 280:15880-7 (2005). Read more (PubMed: 15701636) »
- Zhu Z et al. Synthesis and flow cytometric evaluation of novel 1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinoline conformationally constrained analogues of nitrobenzylmercaptopurine riboside (NBMPR) designed for probing its conformation when bound to the es nucleoside transporter. J Med Chem 46:831-7 (2003). Read more (PubMed: 12593662) »
- Griffiths M et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a nitrobenzylthioinosine-insensitive (ei) equilibrative nucleoside transporter from human placenta. Biochem J 328 ( Pt 3):739-43 (1997). Read more (PubMed: 9396714) »
- Yao SY et al. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of nitrobenzylthioinosine (NBMPR)-sensitive (es) and NBMPR-insensitive (ei) equilibrative nucleoside transporter proteins (rENT1 and rENT2) from rat tissues. J Biol Chem 272:28423-30 (1997). Read more (PubMed: 9353301) »
- Aronow B et al. Altered nucleoside transporters in mammalian cells selected for resistance to the physiological effects of inhibitors of nucleoside transport. J Biol Chem 260:6226-33 (1985). Read more (PubMed: 3997821) »