Key features and details
- AMPA agonist. 1 ml water soluble pack.
- CAS Number: 83643-88-3
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in 1 ml water to give specified mM/ml concentration
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product name(S)-AMPA (mM/ml), AMPA agonist
DescriptionAMPA agonist. 1 ml water soluble pack.
Soluble in 1 ml water to give specified mM/ml concentration. Find out more.
Chemical name(S)-α-Amino-3-hydroxy-5-methylisoxazole-4-propionic acid
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in 1 ml water to give specified mM/ml concentration
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for further information
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab144483 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Ye S et al. Expanding the genetic code in Xenopus laevis oocytes. Chembiochem 14:230-5 (2013). PubMed: 23292655
- Sims RE et al. Sleep-wake sensitive mechanisms of adenosine release in the basal forebrain of rodents: an in vitro study. PLoS One 8:e53814 (2013). PubMed: 23326515
- Maroto M et al. Chondroitin sulfate, a major component of the perineuronal net, elicits inward currents, cell depolarization, and calcium transients by acting on AMPA and kainate receptors of hippocampal neurons. J Neurochem : (2013). PubMed: 23350646
- Kunz PA et al. Presynaptic NMDA receptor mechanisms for enhancing spontaneous neurotransmitter release. J Neurosci 33:7762-9 (2013). PubMed: 23637168
- Ledonne A et al. A continuous high frequency stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus determines a suppression of excitatory synaptic transmission in nigral dopaminergic neurons recorded in vitro. Exp Neurol 233:292-302 (2012). PubMed: 22056941
- Schätzle P et al. Rapid and reversible formation of spine head filopodia in response to muscarinic receptor activation in CA1 pyramidal cells. J Physiol 589:4353-64 (2011). PubMed: 21768266
- Maltsev AS & Oswald RE Hydrophobic side chain dynamics of a glutamate receptor ligand binding domain. J Biol Chem 285:10154-62 (2010). PubMed: 20110365
- Ruiz A et al. Intracellular Ca2+ release through ryanodine receptors contributes to AMPA receptor-mediated mitochondrial dysfunction and ER stress in oligodendrocytes. Cell Death Dis 1:e54 (2010). PubMed: 21364659