Key features and details
- Suitable for: Blocking
Product nameS. cerevisiae RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (RDRP) peptide
See all RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (RDRP) proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19119 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Protein rdp 1
- Protein rdp1
- Rdp 1
RelevanceRdRP plays a role in the RNA interference (RNAi) pathway. RNAi is the process of sequence-specific,post-transcriptional gene silencing initiated by double-stranded RNA (dsRNA). Recent studies showed small interfering RNAs (siRNA) generated by Dicer from longer dsRNA specifically suppressed expression of genes in somatic and embryo cells. An RdRP activity might provide amplification by replication of long trigger dsRNAs or copying of short siRNAs in a primer-independent manner. The siRNA primed RdRP reaction converts target mRNA into dsRNA, as well as possibly replicating trigger dsRNA. Both products then serve as DICER substrates, initiating the RdRP chain reaction. RNAi is important for heterochromatin formation and accurate chromosome segregation.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab19119 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.