Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [4C4.9] to S100
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-S100 antibody [4C4.9]
See all S100 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [4C4.9] to S100
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Full length protein. Purified bovine brain S-100 protein
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: Ascites, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4066 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 23624931|
|IHC-P||1/10 - 1/50. Antigen retrieval is not essential but may optimise staining.|
|IHC-Fr||1/200 - 1/500.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionWeakly binds calcium but binds zinc very tightly-distinct binding sites with different affinities exist for both ions on each monomer. Physiological concentrations of potassium ion antagonize the binding of both divalent cations, especially affecting high-affinity calcium-binding sites.
Tissue specificityHighly prevalent in heart. Also found in lesser quantities in skeletal muscle and brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the S-100 family.
Contains 2 EF-hand domains.
- Information by UniProt
- Bpb antibody
- NEF antibody
- Protein S100-A1 antibody
ab4066 at a 1/200 dilution staining rat spinal cord tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections). Rats were transcardially perfused with 4% PFA, the tissue was post fixed 1 hour in 4% PFA then 30% sucrose for three days. 20um sections were cut with cryostat. The antibody was incubated with the tissue sections for 18 hours and then bound antibody was detected using an Alexa Fluor ® 555 conjugated goat polyclonal antibody.
All lanes : Anti-S100 antibody [4C4.9] (ab4066) at 1/200 dilution
Lanes 1-3 : 40ug Rat spinal cord homogenate
Lanes 4-6 : 40 ug Mouse spinal cord homogenate
Lanes 7-8 : 40 ug Rat brain homogenate
All lanes : HRP conjugated goat anti-mouse
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 15,18,21 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 2 minutes
The extra band at 18kDa may be a result of the protein's thermolabile properties. The band at 21 kDa maybe a dimer of s100a and s100b and the 10/15 kDa may be the subunits. However, there are also references to suggest these may be immunoreactive proteins with differing molecular weights depending on proliferative or differentiated state of the cell (Anat Embryol (Berl). 1997 Nov;196(5):403-16).
ab4066 staining human melanoma by IHC-P.
ab4066 has been referenced in 42 publications.
- Lu Y et al. Fibroblast growth factor 21 facilitates peripheral nerve regeneration through suppressing oxidative damage and autophagic cell death. J Cell Mol Med 23:497-511 (2019). PubMed: 30450828
- Passipieri JA et al. Adipose Stem Cells Enhance Nerve Regeneration and Muscle Function In A Peroneal Nerve Ablation Model. Tissue Eng Part A N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30760135
- Traini C et al. Nerve sprouting and neurogenic inflammation characterize the neurogenic detrusor overactive bladder of patients no longer responsive to drug therapies. J Cell Mol Med 23:4076-4087 (2019). PubMed: 30945429
- Kano SI et al. Glutathione S-transferases promote proinflammatory astrocyte-microglia communication during brain inflammation. Sci Signal 12:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30783009
- Lionarons DA et al. RAC1P29S Induces a Mesenchymal Phenotypic Switch via Serum Response Factor to Promote Melanoma Development and Therapy Resistance. Cancer Cell 36:68-83.e9 (2019). PubMed: 31257073