Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [B32.1] to S100
- Suitable for: IHC-FoFr
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-S100 antibody [B32.1]
See all S100 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [B32.1] to S100
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with alpha and beta subunits of human S-100 protein (21-24 kD).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-FoFrmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Full length native protein (purified) (Cow).
- Melanoma tissues containing nerves, such as intestine and pancreas. Brain tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.01% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7852 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||1/500 - 1/1000. 1/500 - 1/1000. Fix with 4% w/v paraformaldehyde and 15% saturated picric acid in 0.1 M. phosphate buffer pH 7.4.|
FunctionWeakly binds calcium but binds zinc very tightly-distinct binding sites with different affinities exist for both ions on each monomer. Physiological concentrations of potassium ion antagonize the binding of both divalent cations, especially affecting high-affinity calcium-binding sites.
Tissue specificityHighly prevalent in heart. Also found in lesser quantities in skeletal muscle and brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the S-100 family.
Contains 2 EF-hand domains.
- Information by UniProt
- Bpb antibody
- NEF antibody
- Protein S100-A1 antibody
ab7852 at a dilution of 1/1000, staining Astrocytes (purple; Alexa 488 secondary at 1/2000) on 30
µm coronal brain section tissue in free floating IHC (see protocol link for detailed description). [A] Image taken with 20x objective and [B] Image taken with 40x objective. Images coloured in Photoshop.
NB: No labeling observed following omission of primary antibody.
Sections were viewed using an Axioplan 2 Imaging microscope (Imaging Associates) fitted with 10x, 20x and 40x Plan-Neofluorobjectives (Zeiss, Germany) and images were taken using a AxioCam Hrm digital camera (Zeiss, Germany) and AxioVision software (Imaging Associates).
ab7852 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Furukawa S et al. Databases for technical aspects of immunohistochemistry. J Toxicol Pathol 30:79-107 (2017). IHC ; Monkey . PubMed: 28190929
- Boyd PJ et al. Bioenergetic status modulates motor neuron vulnerability and pathogenesis in a zebrafish model of spinal muscular atrophy. PLoS Genet 13:e1006744 (2017). IHC . PubMed: 28426667
- Stokum JA et al. Heterogeneity of aquaporin-4 localization and expression after focal cerebral ischemia underlies differences in white versus grey matter swelling. Acta Neuropathol Commun 3:61 (2015). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 26419740
- Charron G et al. Astrocytosis in parkinsonism: considering tripartite striatal synapses in physiopathology? Front Aging Neurosci 6:258 (2014). IHC . PubMed: 25309435
- Bax DA et al. Molecular and phenotypic characterisation of paediatric glioma cell lines as models for preclinical drug development. PLoS ONE 4:e5209 (2009). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 19365568