Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1576Y] to S100 beta - Astrocyte Marker (Alexa Fluor® 488)
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: Alexa Fluor® 488. Ex: 495nm, Em: 519nm
Product nameAnti-S100 beta antibody [EP1576Y] - Astrocyte Marker (Alexa Fluor® 488)
See all S100 beta primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1576Y] to S100 beta - Astrocyte Marker (Alexa Fluor® 488)
ConjugationAlexa Fluor® 488. Ex: 495nm, Em: 519nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Goat, Zebrafish, Macaque monkey
Synthetic peptide within Human S100 beta (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- ICC/IF: A375 cells. Flow Cyt: A375 cells.
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMab® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 5.50 x 10 -10 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Anti-S100 beta antibody [EP1576Y] - Astrocyte Marker (HRP) (ab195535)
- Anti-S100 beta antibody [EP1576Y] - Astrocyte Marker (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab196175)
- Anti-S100 beta antibody [EP1576Y] - Astrocyte Marker (Alexa Fluor® 568) (ab201837)
- Anti-S100 beta antibody [EP1576Y] - BSA and Azide free (ab215989)
- Anti-S100 beta antibody [EP1576Y] - Astrocyte Marker (ab52642)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab196442 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ab199091 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488), is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
This product gave a positive signal in A375 cells fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min) and 100% methanol (5 min)
FunctionWeakly binds calcium but binds zinc very tightly-distinct binding sites with different affinities exist for both ions on each monomer. Physiological concentrations of potassium ion antagonize the binding of both divalent cations, especially affecting high-affinity calcium-binding sites. Binds to and initiates the activation of STK38 by releasing autoinhibitory intramolecular interactions within the kinase. Interaction with AGER after myocardial infarction may play a role in myocyte apoptosis by activating ERK1/2 and p53/TP53 signaling.
Tissue specificityAlthough predominant among the water-soluble brain proteins, S100 is also found in a variety of other tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the S-101 family.
Contains 2 EF-hand domains.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- NEF antibody
- Protein S100 B antibody
- Protein S100-B antibody
Overlay histogram showing A375 cells stained with ab196442 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab196442, 1/500 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) Alexa Fluor® 488 used at the same concentration and conditions as the primary antibody. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control.
Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
ab196442 staining S100 beta in A375 cells. The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated overnight at +4°C with ab196442 at 1/100 dilution (shown in green) and ab195889, Mouse monoclonal to alpha Tubulin (Alexa Fluor® 594), at 1/250 dilution (shown in red). Nuclear DNA was labelled with DAPI (shown in blue).
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems, TCS SP8).
This product also gave a positive signal under the same testing conditions in A375 cells fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min).
ab196442 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Harty BL et al. Myelinating Schwann cells ensheath multiple axons in the absence of E3 ligase component Fbxw7. Nat Commun 10:2976 (2019). PubMed: 31278268
- Hill JD et al. Activation of GPR55 induces neuroprotection of hippocampal neurogenesis and immune responses of neural stem cells following chronic, systemic inflammation. Brain Behav Immun 76:165-181 (2019). PubMed: 30465881
- Hill JD et al. Activation of GPR55 increases neural stem cell proliferation and promotes early adult hippocampal neurogenesis. Br J Pharmacol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29888782