Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MAC387] to S100A9 + Calprotectin (S100A8/A9 complex)
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-S100A9 + Calprotectin (S100A8/A9 complex) antibody [MAC387]
See all S100A9 + Calprotectin (S100A8/A9 complex) primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MAC387] to S100A9 + Calprotectin (S100A8/A9 complex)
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species IHC-PMouseHuman
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Human S100A9 + Calprotectin (S100A8/A9 complex). Affinity purified solubilized human monocyte preparation.
- IHC-P: Mouse spleen tissue; human Hodgkin's lymphoma tissue.
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing the problem with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation.
One factor contributing to the crisis is the use of antibodies that are not suitable. This can lead to misleading results and the use of incorrect data informing project assumptions and direction. To help address this challenge, we have introduced an application and species grid on our primary antibody datasheets to make it easy to simplify identification of the right antibody for your needs.
Learn more here.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22506 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
ab22506 staining Macrophages in human spleen tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with 10% NBF and blocked with 0.250% casein for 5 minutes at 25°C; antigen retrieval was by proteinase K. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/5000 in Tris-HCL) for 30 minutes at 25°C. A HRP-conjugated labeled polymer was used as the secondary antibody.
IHC image of Macrophage staining in mouse spleen formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab22506, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
IHC image of Macrophage staining in human Hodgkins lymphoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab22506, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
ab22506 has been referenced in 61 publications.
- Wollborn J et al. Carbon Monoxide improves Hemodynamics during Extracorporeal Resuscitation in Pigs. Cardiovasc Res N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30873524
- Valtolina C et al. Immunohistochemical characterisation of the hepatic stem cell niche in feline hepatic lipidosis: a preliminary morphological study. J Feline Med Surg 21:165-172 (2019). PubMed: 29741464
- Campos-Garcia L et al. Candida albicans and non-albicans Isolates from Bloodstream Have Different Capacities to Induce Neutrophil Extracellular Traps. J Fungi (Basel) 5:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30939757
- Buckley MR et al. Dietary supplementation with Zyflamend poly-herbal extracts and fish oil inhibits intimal hyperplasia development following vascular intervention. Nutr Res 68:34-44 (2019). PubMed: 31306903
- Lee S et al. Rosuvastatin attenuates bioprosthetic heart valve calcification. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 158:731-741.e1 (2019). PubMed: 30738596