Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to S100A9
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-S100A9 antibody
See all S100A9 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to S100A9
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Chimpanzee
- Recombinant Human S100A9 protein (ab95909) can be used as a positive control in WB. This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Human Tissue Lysates: Lymph node, Thymus, Spleen, Lung This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human Tonsil.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63818 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 13 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 13 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 0.1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionCalcium-binding protein. Has antimicrobial activity towards bacteria and fungi. Important for resistance to invasion by pathogenic bacteria. Up-regulates transcription of genes that are under the control of NF-kappa-B. Plays a role in the development of endotoxic shock in response to bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) (By similarity). Promotes tubulin polymerization when unphosphorylated. Promotes phagocyte migration and infiltration of granulocytes at sites of wounding. Plays a role as a pro-inflammatory mediator in acute and chronic inflammation and up-regulates the release of IL8 and cell-surface expression of ICAM1. Extracellular calprotectin binds to target cells and promotes apoptosis. Antimicrobial and proapoptotic activity is inhibited by zinc ions.
Tissue specificityExpressed by macrophages in acutely inflammed tissues and in chronic inflammation. Detected in peripheral blood leukocytes, in neutrophils and granulocytes. Detected at sites of vascular inflammation (at protein level). Also expressed in epithelial cells constitutively or induced during dermatoses.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the S-100 family.
Contains 2 EF-hand domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Phosphorylation inhibits activation of tubulin polymerization.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cell membrane. Associates with tubulin filaments in activated monocytes. Targeted to the cell surface upon calcium influx. Released from blood leukocytes upon exposure to CSF2/GM-CSF, bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and during inflammatory processes. Serum levels are high in patients suffering from chronic inflammation.
- Information by UniProt
- Leukocyte L1 complex heavy chain antibody
- 60B8AG antibody
- CAGB antibody
IHC image of S100A9 staining in Human Tonsil formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond™ system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab63818, 0.1 µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
All lanes : Anti-S100A9 antibody (ab63818) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human lymph node tissue lysate - total protein (ab29871)
Lane 2 : Human thymus tissue lysate - total protein (ab30146)
Lane 3 : Human spleen tissue lysate - total protein (ab29699)
Lane 4 : Lung (Human) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 13 kDa
Observed band size: 13 kDa
Exposure time: 5 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab63818 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab63818, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 100% methanol fixed (5 min) HeLa, HepG2 and Hek293 cells at 5µg/ml, and in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) HeLa, HepG2, Hek293 and MCF7 cells at 5µg/ml.
NBF-fixed mouse spleen tissue section stained for S100A9 using ab63818 at 1/5000 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis. heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 was performed before commencing with the IHC protocol. Goat anti-Rb IgG Alexa Fluor® 647 was used as the secondary antibody at 1/600 dilution.
ab63818 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Bartneck M et al. The CCR2+ Macrophage Subset Promotes Pathogenic Angiogenesis for Tumor Vascularization in Fibrotic Livers. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:371-390 (2019). PubMed: 30704985
- Saul MJ et al. Mass Spectrometry-Based Proteomics Approach Characterizes the Dual Functionality of miR-328 in Monocytes. Front Pharmacol 10:640 (2019). PubMed: 31231226
- Krenkel O et al. Therapeutic inhibition of inflammatory monocyte recruitment reduces steatohepatitis and liver fibrosis. Hepatology 67:1270-1283 (2018). PubMed: 28940700
- Besold AN et al. Antimicrobial action of calprotectin that does not involve metal withholding. Metallomics 10:1728-1742 (2018). PubMed: 30206620
- Wu R et al. Association between serum S100A9 levels and liver necroinflammation in chronic hepatitis B. J Transl Med 16:83 (2018). PubMed: 29615081
- Stewart HJS et al. BET Inhibition Suppresses S100A8 and S100A9 Expression in Acute Myeloid Leukemia Cells and Synergises with Daunorubicin in Causing Cell Death. Bone Marrow Res 2018:5742954 (2018). PubMed: 29955397
- Nyalwidhe JO et al. Comparative quantitative proteomic analysis of disease stratified laser captured microdissected human islets identifies proteins and pathways potentially related to type 1 diabetes. PLoS One 12:e0183908 (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 28877242
- Dey J et al. A Platform for Rapid, Quantitative Assessment of Multiple Drug Combinations Simultaneously in Solid Tumors In Vivo. PLoS One 11:e0158617 (2016). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 27359113