Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3555] to S100A9
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-S100A9 antibody [EPR3555]
See all S100A9 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3555] to S100A9
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human S100A9 aa 1-100. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Breast cancer, Human tonsil, Human spleen and peripheral blood lymphocytes lysates, Human breast carcinoma tissue and Human spleen tissue.IF: DU145 cell lineFlow Cyt: Jurkat cells
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92507 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 13 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the microwave method before commencing with IHC staining protocol. Boil slides seven times for five minutes each in pH 6 citrate buffer.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
FunctionCalcium-binding protein. Has antimicrobial activity towards bacteria and fungi. Important for resistance to invasion by pathogenic bacteria. Up-regulates transcription of genes that are under the control of NF-kappa-B. Plays a role in the development of endotoxic shock in response to bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) (By similarity). Promotes tubulin polymerization when unphosphorylated. Promotes phagocyte migration and infiltration of granulocytes at sites of wounding. Plays a role as a pro-inflammatory mediator in acute and chronic inflammation and up-regulates the release of IL8 and cell-surface expression of ICAM1. Extracellular calprotectin binds to target cells and promotes apoptosis. Antimicrobial and proapoptotic activity is inhibited by zinc ions.
Tissue specificityExpressed by macrophages in acutely inflammed tissues and in chronic inflammation. Detected in peripheral blood leukocytes, in neutrophils and granulocytes. Detected at sites of vascular inflammation (at protein level). Also expressed in epithelial cells constitutively or induced during dermatoses.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the S-100 family.
Contains 2 EF-hand domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Phosphorylation inhibits activation of tubulin polymerization.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cell membrane. Associates with tubulin filaments in activated monocytes. Targeted to the cell surface upon calcium influx. Released from blood leukocytes upon exposure to CSF2/GM-CSF, bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and during inflammatory processes. Serum levels are high in patients suffering from chronic inflammation.
- Information by UniProt
- Leukocyte L1 complex heavy chain antibody
- 60B8AG antibody
- CAGB antibody
Anti-S100A9 antibody [EPR3555] (ab92507)
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human tonsil tissue labelling S100A9 with ab92507 at a dilution of 1:500. Heat mediated antigen retrieval was performed using AR9 antigen retrieval solution, and microwave treatment for 15 min at 20% power. Anti-Rabbit/Mouse HRP polymer (PerkinElmer Opal Polymer HRP Ms Plus Rb) was used as secondary antibody. Opal tyramide amplification was performed using Opal 520 fluorophore. Counterstained with DAPI stain. Image scanned with Vectra 3.0 and analyzed via Phenochart software.
This image was courteously provided by Dr. Houssein Abdul Sater, Georgia Cancer Center.
ab92507, at a 1/250 dilution, staining S100A9 in paraffin embedded Human breast carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
All lanes : Anti-S100A9 antibody [EPR3555] (ab92507) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Breast cancer lysate
Lane 2 : Human tonsil lysate
Lane 3 : Human spleen lysate
Lane 4 : Peripheral blood lymphocytes lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 13 kDa
Observed band size: 14 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Flow cytometry analysis of Jurkat (Human T cell leukemia T lymphocyte) cells labeling S100A9 (red) with purified ab92507 at a 1/200 dilution (10ug/mL). Cells were fixed with 80% methanol and permeabilized with 0.1% Tween-20. A goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab150077) was used as the secondary antibody at a 1/2000 dilution. Black - Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black) (ab172730). Blue (unlabeled control) - Cell without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue).
ab92507, at a 1/250 dilution, staining S100A9 in paraffin embedded Human spleen tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
ICC/IF image of ab92507 stained DU145 cells. The cells were 4% paraformaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab92507, 1/200) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgM (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab92507 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Zha H et al. S100A9 promotes the proliferation and migration of cervical cancer cells by inducing epithelial-mesenchymal transition and activating the Wnt/ß-catenin pathway. Int J Oncol 55:35-44 (2019). PubMed: 31059008
- Huang M et al. S100A9 Regulates MDSCs-Mediated Immune Suppression via the RAGE and TLR4 Signaling Pathways in Colorectal Carcinoma. Front Immunol 10:2243 (2019). PubMed: 31620141
- Wu DM et al. S100A9 gene silencing inhibits the release of pro-inflammatory cytokines by blocking the IL-17 signalling pathway in mice with acute pancreatitis. J Cell Mol Med 22:2378-2389 (2018). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 29441717
- Yang J et al. Calcium-Binding Proteins S100A8 and S100A9: Investigation of Their Immune Regulatory Effect in Myeloid Cells. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29933628
- Pfaff CM et al. The psoriasis-associated IL-17A induces and cooperates with IL-36 cytokines to control keratinocyte differentiation and function. Sci Rep 7:15631 (2017). PubMed: 29142248