Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to S1P1/EDG1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IP, Flow Cyt, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-S1P1/EDG1 antibody
See all S1P1/EDG1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to S1P1/EDG1
Specificityab11424 detects S1P1/EDG1 protein in transfected human cell samples. This antibody shows no cross-reactivity to S1P3.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IP, Flow Cyt, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Horse, Cow, Cat, Monkey
- Transfected HEK293 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11424 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 44 kDa. Band represents recombinant S1P1 from transfected HEK293 cells.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20733200
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionReceptor for the lysosphingolipid sphingosine 1-phosphate (S1P). S1P is a bioactive lysophospholipid that elicits diverse physiological effect on most types of cells and tissues. This inducible epithelial cell G-protein-coupled receptor may be involved in the processes that regulate the differentiation of endothelial cells. Seems to be coupled to the G(i) subclass of heteromeric G proteins.
Tissue specificityEndothelial cells, and to a lesser extent, in vascular smooth muscle cells, fibroblasts, melanocytes, and cells of epithelioid origin.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
modificationsS1P-induced endothelial cell migration requires the PKB/AKT1-mediated phosphorylation of the third intracellular loop at the Thr-236 residue.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD363 antibody
- CHEDG 1 antibody
- CHEDG1 antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-S1P1/EDG1 antibody (ab11424) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-S1P1/EDG1 antibody (ab11424) at 2 mg/ml
Lane 1 : Rat brain tissue extract
Lane 2 : Neuro-2a Cells
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L), HRP conjugated at 0.4 µg/ml
Developed using the ECL technique.
Immunocytochemical analysis of Neuro-2a cells, labeling S1P1/EDG1 with ab11424. Cells were fixed in 4% paraformaldehyde for 10 minutes, permeabilized with 0.1% Triton™ X-100 for 10 minutes, and blocked with 1% BSA for 1 hour at room temperature. Immunostaining with anti-EDG1 diluted 2µg/ml in 0.1% BSA for 3 hours at room temperature.
Green staining - ab11424
Blue staining - DAPI for nuclear localization
Red staining - F-actin
The right-most image is a control (no primary antibody staining).
Flow cytometry analysis of SH-SY5Y cells, labeling S1P1/EDG1 with ab11424 (3-5µg/million cells in 2.5% BSA). Cells were fixed with 70% ethanol for 10 minutes, permeabilized with 0.25% Triton™ X-100 for 20 minutes and blocked with 5% BSA for 30 minutes at room temperature.
Red histogram - labeling with anti-S1P1/EDG1 antibody
Purple histogram - Unstained
Green histogram - No primary antibody control
Pink histogram - Rabbit Isotype control
ab11424 staining S1P1/EDG1 in transfected CCL39 cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
ab11424 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Matsumoto N et al. Up-regulation of sphingosine-1-phosphate receptors and sphingosine kinase 1 in the peri-ischemic area after transient middle cerebral artery occlusion in mice. Brain Res 1739:146831 (2020). PubMed: 32278723
- Zou Y et al. Non-Mitogenic Fibroblast Growth Factor 1 Enhanced Angiogenesis Following Ischemic Stroke by Regulating the Sphingosine-1-Phosphate 1 Pathway. Front Pharmacol 11:59 (2020). PubMed: 32194396
- Wang M et al. Apolipoprotein M induces inhibition of inflammatory responses via the S1PR1 and DHCR24 pathways. Mol Med Rep 19:1272-1283 (2019). PubMed: 30569161
- Liu S et al. S1PR1 regulates the switch of two angiogenic modes by VE-cadherin phosphorylation in breast cancer. Cell Death Dis 10:200 (2019). PubMed: 30814488
- Zhang C et al. miR-181a promotes follicular granulosa cell apoptosis via S1PR1 expression downregulation. Biol Reprod N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31359035