Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [E175] to S6K1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-S6K1 antibody [E175]
See all S6K1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [E175] to S6K1
Specificityab32359 may detect both phosphorylated and non-phosphorylated forms of p70 S6 Kinase.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow
Synthetic peptide within Human S6K1. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Jurkat cell lysate; human breast carcinoma
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- DNA / RNA
- DNA Damage & Repair
- DNA Damage Response
- DNA Damage Recognition
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32359 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 59 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionActs to integrate nutrient and growth factor signals in regulation of protein synthesis, cell proliferation, cell growth, cell cycle progression and cell survival. Downstream effector of the mTOR signaling pathway. Phosphorylates specifically ribosomal protein S6 in response to insulin or several classes of mitogens. During translation initiation, the inactive form associatess with the eIF-3 complex under conditions of nutrient depletion. Mitogenic stimulation leads to phosphorylation and dissociation from the eIF-3 complex and the free activated form can phosphorylate other translational targets including EIF4B. Promotes protein synthesis by phosphorylating PDCD4 at 'Ser-67' and targeting it for degradation. Phosphorylates RICTOR leading to regulation of mammalian target of rapamycin complex 2 (mTORC2) signaling; probably phosphorylates RICTOR at 'Thr-1135'. Phosphorylates IRS1 at multiple serine residues coupled with insulin resistance; probably phosphorylates IRS1 at 'Ser-270'. Required for TNF-alpha induced IRS-1 degradation. Phosphorylates EEF2K in response to IGF1 and inhibits EEF2K activity. Phosphorylates BAD at 'Ser-99' in response to IGF1 leading to BAD inactivation and inhibition of BAD-induced apoptosis. Phosphorylates mitochondrial RMP leading to dissociation of a RMP:PPP1CC complex; probably phosphorylates RMP at 'Ser-99'. The free mitochondrial PPP1CC can dephosphorylate RPS6KB1 at Thr-412 which is proposed to be a negative feed back mechanism for the RPS6KB1 antiapoptotic function. Phosphorylates GSK3B at 'Ser-9' under conditions leading to loss of the TSC1-TSC2 complex. Phosphorylates POLDIP3.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. S6 kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainThe autoinhibitory domain is believed to block phosphorylation within the AGC-kinase C-terminal domain and the activation loop.
The TOS (TOR signaling) motif is essential for activation by mTORC1.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Thr-412 is regulated by mTORC1. The phosphorylation at this site is maintained by an agonist-dependent autophosphorylation mechanism.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm; Nucleus. Cytoplasm and Cell junction > synapse > synaptosome. Mitochondrion outer membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 70 kDa ribosomal protein S6 kinase 1 antibody
- KS6B1_HUMAN antibody
- p70 alpha antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: S6K1 knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: MCF7 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: HEK293 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab32359 observed at 68 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8245, observed at 37 kDa.
ab32359 was shown to recognize S6K1 when S6K1 knockout samples were used, along with additional cross-reactive bands. Wild-type and S6K1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab32359 and ab8245 (loading control to GAPDH) were diluted 1/1000 and 1/10000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4°C. Blots were developed with goat anti-rabbit IgG (H + L) and goat anti-mouse IgG (H + L) secondary antibodies at 1/10000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma
ab32359 at 1/50 dilution
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Anti-S6K1 antibody [E175] (ab32359) + 293T cell lysate
Predicted band size: 59 kDa
ab32359 has been referenced in 41 publications.
- Jia Z et al. Offsetting Expression Profiles of Prognostic Markers in Prostate Tumor vs. Its Microenvironment. Front Oncol 9:539 (2019). PubMed: 31316912
- Wang M et al. Rapamycin suppresses angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis in melanoma by downregulating VEGF-A/VEGFR-2 and VEGF-C/VEGFR-3 expression. Onco Targets Ther 12:4643-4654 (2019). PubMed: 31354297
- Wang Q et al. The mTOR Signal Pathway Is Overactivated in Human Lymphatic Malformations. Lymphat Res Biol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31381473
- Wang R et al. Salvianolic acid A attenuates CCl4-induced liver fibrosis by regulating the PI3K/AKT/mTOR, Bcl-2/Bax and caspase-3/cleaved caspase-3 signaling pathways. Drug Des Devel Ther 13:1889-1900 (2019). PubMed: 31213776
- Lv L et al. Arbutin protects HK-2 cells against high glucose-induced apoptosis and autophagy by up-regulating microRNA-27a. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 47:2940-2947 (2019). PubMed: 31319730