Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to S6K1 (phospho T389 + T412)
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-S6K1 (phospho T389 + T412) antibody
See all S6K1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to S6K1 (phospho T389 + T412)
Specificityab60948 will detect both phopho-Thr389 of isoform alpha II and phospho-Thr412 of isoform alpha I.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from isoform 2 of human p70 S6 Kinase beta-1 (P23443) around the phosphorylation site of threonine 389 (G-F-TP-Y-V).
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab60948 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- DNA / RNA
- DNA Damage & Repair
- DNA Damage Response
- DNA Damage Recognition
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab60948 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/50 - 1/100.
1/500 - 1/1000.
1/50 - 1/100.
1/500 - 1/1000.
FunctionActs to integrate nutrient and growth factor signals in regulation of protein synthesis, cell proliferation, cell growth, cell cycle progression and cell survival. Downstream effector of the mTOR signaling pathway. Phosphorylates specifically ribosomal protein S6 in response to insulin or several classes of mitogens. During translation initiation, the inactive form associatess with the eIF-3 complex under conditions of nutrient depletion. Mitogenic stimulation leads to phosphorylation and dissociation from the eIF-3 complex and the free activated form can phosphorylate other translational targets including EIF4B. Promotes protein synthesis by phosphorylating PDCD4 at 'Ser-67' and targeting it for degradation. Phosphorylates RICTOR leading to regulation of mammalian target of rapamycin complex 2 (mTORC2) signaling; probably phosphorylates RICTOR at 'Thr-1135'. Phosphorylates IRS1 at multiple serine residues coupled with insulin resistance; probably phosphorylates IRS1 at 'Ser-270'. Required for TNF-alpha induced IRS-1 degradation. Phosphorylates EEF2K in response to IGF1 and inhibits EEF2K activity. Phosphorylates BAD at 'Ser-99' in response to IGF1 leading to BAD inactivation and inhibition of BAD-induced apoptosis. Phosphorylates mitochondrial RMP leading to dissociation of a RMP:PPP1CC complex; probably phosphorylates RMP at 'Ser-99'. The free mitochondrial PPP1CC can dephosphorylate RPS6KB1 at Thr-412 which is proposed to be a negative feed back mechanism for the RPS6KB1 antiapoptotic function. Phosphorylates GSK3B at 'Ser-9' under conditions leading to loss of the TSC1-TSC2 complex. Phosphorylates POLDIP3.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. S6 kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainThe autoinhibitory domain is believed to block phosphorylation within the AGC-kinase C-terminal domain and the activation loop.
The TOS (TOR signaling) motif is essential for activation by mTORC1.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Thr-412 is regulated by mTORC1. The phosphorylation at this site is maintained by an agonist-dependent autophosphorylation mechanism.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm; Nucleus. Cytoplasm and Cell junction > synapse > synaptosome. Mitochondrion outer membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 70 kDa ribosomal protein S6 kinase 1 antibody
- KS6B1_HUMAN antibody
- p70 alpha antibody
All lanes : Anti-S6K1 (phospho T389 + T412) antibody (ab60948)
Lane 1 : Jurkat cells treated with Insulin, 0.01U/ml
Lane 2 : Jurkat cells treated with Insulin, 0.01U/ml and phospho peptide used for blocking
ab60948 at 1/50 - 1/100 dilution staining P70 S6 Kinase beta in human breast carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry,
Paraffin embedded tissue, in the absence or presence of the immunising peptide.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab60948 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Chen Z et al. Aspirin has a better effect on PIK3CA mutant colorectal cancer cells by PI3K/Akt/Raptor pathway. Mol Med 26:14 (2020). PubMed: 32000660
- Wang X et al. Non-immunogenic, low-toxicity and effective glioma targeting MTI-31 liposomes. J Control Release 316:381-392 (2019). PubMed: 31730912
- Cheng Z et al. Rab1A promotes proliferation and migration abilities via regulation of the HER2/AKT-independent mTOR/S6K1 pathway in colorectal cancer. Oncol Rep 41:2717-2728 (2019). PubMed: 30896866
- Zhu J et al. NKX2-8 deletion-induced reprogramming of fatty acid metabolism confers chemoresistance in epithelial ovarian cancer. EBioMedicine 43:238-252 (2019). PubMed: 31047858
- Wang R et al. Salvianolic acid A attenuates CCl4-induced liver fibrosis by regulating the PI3K/AKT/mTOR, Bcl-2/Bax and caspase-3/cleaved caspase-3 signaling pathways. Drug Des Devel Ther 13:1889-1900 (2019). PubMed: 31213776
- Qu Y et al. Phosphorylated 4EBP1 is associated with tumor progression and poor prognosis in Xp11.2 translocation renal cell carcinoma. Sci Rep 6:23594 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 27026382
- Jiang Z et al. Blocking mammalian target of rapamycin alleviates bone cancer pain and morphine tolerance via µ-opioid receptor. Int J Cancer 138:2013-20 (2016). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 26566757
- Zhang L et al. Microenvironment-induced PTEN loss by exosomal microRNA primes brain metastasis outgrowth. Nature 527:100-104 (2015). PubMed: 26479035
- Dubois M et al. Evaluation of the impact of the cancer therapy everolimus on the central nervous system in mice. PLoS One 9:e113533 (2014). PubMed: 25436776