Key features and details
- Potent non-selective HDAC inhibitor
- CAS Number: 149647-78-9
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in ethanol to 50 mM (with warming) and in DMSO to 100mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameSAHA (Vorinostat), HDAC inhibitor
DescriptionPotent non-selective HDAC inhibitor
Potent non-selective HDAC inhibitor (IC50 values are 10 and 20 nM for HDAC1 and HDAC3, respectively). Induces apoptosis and shows antiproliferative effects against cancer cell lines (IC50 = 3 - 8 μM). Antitumor effects in vivo. No effect on class III HDACs. Orally active.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in ethanol to 50 mM (with warming) and in DMSO to 100mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Chromatin Modifying Enzymes
- Class II / Hda1 Class
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab144480 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Sun RC et al. Nuclear Glycogenolysis Modulates Histone Acetylation in Human Non-Small Cell Lung Cancers. Cell Metab 30:903-916.e7 (2019). PubMed: 31523006