Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SALL1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31526 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 200 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 140 kDa).|
FunctionTranscriptional repressor involved in organogenesis.
Tissue specificityHighest levels in kidney. Lower levels in adult brain (enriched in corpus callosum, lower expression in substantia nigra) and liver.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SALL1 are the cause of Townes-Brocks syndrome (TBS) [MIM:107480]. TBS is a rare, autosomal dominant malformation syndrome with a combination of imperforate anus, triphalangeal and supernumerary thumbs, malformed ears and sensorineural hearing loss.
Defects in SALL1 may cause a phenotype overlapping with TBS, similar to bronchio-oto-renal syndrome (BOR) [MIM:113650]. BOR is an autosomal dominant disorder, manifested by various combinations of preauricular pits, branchial fistulae or cysts, lacrimal duct stenosis, hearing loss, structural defects of the outer, middle, or inner ear, and renal dysplasia. Associated defects include asthenic habitus, long narrow facies, constricted palate, deep overbite, and myopia. Hearing loss may be due to Mondini type cochlear defect and stapes fixation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sal C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family.
Contains 9 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
Developmental stageIn fetal brain exclusively in neurons of the subependymal region of hypothalamus lateral to the third ventricle.
- Information by UniProt
- HSal1 antibody
- Sal like protein 1 antibody
- Sal-1 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab31526 stained Mouse embryonic stem cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab31526 at 1µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Anti-SALL1 antibody (ab31526) at 1 µg/ml + E14Tg2a (Mouse embryonic stem cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 140 kDa
Observed band size: 200 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 130 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 2 minutes
Although the predicted band size is 140 kDa based on Swiss-prot data, a band of 200 kDa has been previously observed. J Biol Chem. 2011 Jan 14;286(2):1037-45 PMID:21062744
ab31526 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Goto T et al. Generation of pluripotent stem cell-derived mouse kidneys in Sall1-targeted anephric rats. Nat Commun 10:451 (2019). PubMed: 30723213
- Chi D et al. Spalt-Like Transcription Factor 1 (SALL1) Gene Expression Inhibits Cell Proliferation and Cell Migration of Human Glioma Cells Through the Wnt/ß-Catenin Signaling Pathway. Med Sci Monit Basic Res 25:128-138 (2019). PubMed: 31040265
- Liu H et al. Histone deacetylases 1 and 2 regulate the transcriptional programs of nephron progenitors and renal vesicles. Development 145:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29712641
- Reginensi A et al. A critical role for NF2 and the Hippo pathway in branching morphogenesis. Nat Commun 7:12309 (2016). IF . PubMed: 27480037
- Blake J et al. Urogenital development in Pallister-Hall syndrome is disrupted in a cell-lineage-specific manner by constitutive expression of GLI3 repressor. Hum Mol Genet 25:437-47 (2016). PubMed: 26604140
- Kumar N et al. Generation of an expandable intermediate mesoderm restricted progenitor cell line from human pluripotent stem cells. Elife 4:N/A (2015). PubMed: 26554899
- Zhou Q et al. Establishment of a proteome profile and identification of molecular markers for mouse spermatogonial stem cells. J Cell Mol Med 19:521-34 (2015). IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 25352495
- Bagherie-Lachidan M et al. Stromal Fat4 acts non-autonomously with Dchs1/2 to restrict the nephron progenitor pool. Development 142:2564-73 (2015). PubMed: 26116661
- Kanda S et al. Sall1 Maintains Nephron Progenitors and Nascent Nephrons by Acting as Both an Activator and a Repressor. J Am Soc Nephrol N/A:N/A (2014). PubMed: 24744442
- Di Giovanni V et al. Alk3 controls nephron number and androgen production via lineage-specific effects in intermediate mesoderm. Development 138:2717-27 (2011). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 21613322