Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Salmonella
- Suitable for: ELISA
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Salmonella antibody
See all Salmonella primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Salmonella
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with Escherichia coli as determined by immunofluorescence using acetone fixed suspensions of the bacteria. Reacts with S. enteriditis, S. typhimurium and S. heidelburg. Not yet tested in other species.
Tissue/ cell preparation: Mixture of S. enteriditis, S. typhimurium and S. heidelburg.
This antibody is unabsorbed for related Enterobacteriaceae.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThe purification method used is proprietary. This antibody is greater than 95% pure.
Primary antibody notesThis antibody is unabsorbed for related Enterobacteriaceae.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab35156 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||1/100 - 1/2000.|
RelevanceThe genus Salmonella is a member of the family Enterobacteriaceae. The genus is composed of Gram negative bacilli that are facultative and flagellated (motile). Salmonellae possess 3 major surface antigens; the H or flagellar antigen (phase 1 and 2), the O or somatic antigen (part of the LPS moiety) and the Vi or capsular antigen (referred to as K in other Enterobacteriaceae). Salmonellae also possess the LPS endotoxin characteristic of Gram negative bacteria. This LPS is composed of an O polysaccharide (O antigen) an R core and the endotoxic inner Lipid A. Endotoxins evoke fever and can activate complement, kinin and clotting factors.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab35156 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Marin M et al. Human cathelicidin improves colonic epithelial defenses against Salmonella typhimurium by modulating bacterial invasion, TLR4 and pro-inflammatory cytokines. Cell Tissue Res N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30788579
- Xu Y et al. A Bacterial Effector Reveals the V-ATPase-ATG16L1 Axis that Initiates Xenophagy. Cell 178:552-566.e20 (2019). PubMed: 31327526
- Ibler AEM et al. Typhoid toxin exhausts the RPA response to DNA replication stress driving senescence and Salmonella infection. Nat Commun 10:4040 (2019). PubMed: 31492859
- Brooks AB et al. MYO6 is targeted bySalmonellavirulence effectors to trigger PI3-kinase signaling and pathogen invasion into host cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:3915-3920 (2017). PubMed: 28348208
- Li CX et al. 'Obligate' anaerobic Salmonella strain YB1 suppresses liver tumor growth and metastasis in nude mice. Oncol Lett 13:177-183 (2017). ICC/IF . PubMed: 28123538