Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [1E6] to Salmonella typhimurium LPS
- Suitable for: WB, Dot blot, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Salmonella typhimurium
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Salmonella typhimurium LPS antibody [1E6]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1E6] to Salmonella typhimurium LPS
SpecificityThis antibody is directed against lipopolisaccharides of Salmonella typhimurium
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Dot blot, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Salmonella typhimurium
Lipopolysaccharides of Salmonella typhimurium
This antibody is used for the detection of LPS of Salmonella typhimurium.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 16th July 2018. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Primary antibody notesThis antibody is used for the detection of LPS of Salmonella typhimurium
Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8274 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Dot blot||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceSalmonellae are Gram-negative , facultatively anaerobic bacteria of the family Enterobacteriaceae, made up of nonspore-forming rods, usually motile with flagella. Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium is the among the most common Salmonella serovars causing Salmonellosis food poisoning. S. typhimurium has a less alarming public image than S.typhi (which causes typhoid), but is a bigger health problem worldwide. Salmonellae possess 3 major antigens; the "H" or flagellar antigen (phase 1 & 2), the "O" or somatic antigen (part of the LPS moiety) and the "Vi" or capsular antigen (referred to as "K" in other Enterobacteriaceae). Salmonellae also possess the LPS endotoxin characteristic of Gram-negative bacteria. This LPS is composed of an "O" polysaccharide ("O" antigen) an "R" core and the endotoxic inner "Lipid A". Endotoxins evoke fever and can activate complement, kinin and clotting factors.
- S. typhimurium antibody
- Salmonella typhimurium antibody
- SALMONELLA TYPHIMURIUM LPS FACTOR 4 antibody
Electron microscopy image of ultrathin cryosections of Salmonella paratyphi using ab8274 (1/100). For further experimental details please refer to abreview.
All lanes : Anti-Salmonella typhimurium LPS antibody [1E6] (ab8274) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Whole cell polysaccharides from S. Enteritidis 27655-3b
Lane 2 : Whole cell polysaccharides from S. Enteritidis Sal8
Lane 3 : Whole cell polysaccharides from S. Typhimurium ATCC 14028s
Lane 4 : Whole cell polysaccharides from S. Typhimurium SL1344
Lysates/proteins at 100000000 cells per lane.
All lanes : AP conjugated goat anti-mouse polyclonal at 1/4000 dilution
Gels were (A) silver-stained or (B) Western blotted using the Anti-Salmonella typhimurium 0-4 antibody [1E6] (ab8274) as the primary antibody. Although equal amounts of cellular material were detected by silver staining, only the S. Typhimurium samples were recognized by the 1E6 antibody on the corresponding Western blot.
ab8274 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Xu Y et al. A Bacterial Effector Reveals the V-ATPase-ATG16L1 Axis that Initiates Xenophagy. Cell 178:552-566.e20 (2019). PubMed: 31327526
- Kolodziejek AM et al. Salmonella Translocated Effectors Recruit OSBP1 to the Phagosome to Promote Vacuolar Membrane Integrity. Cell Rep 27:2147-2156.e5 (2019). PubMed: 31091452
- Kim K et al. Cell mass-dependent expression of an anticancer protein drug by tumor-targetedSalmonella. Oncotarget 9:8548-8559 (2018). PubMed: 29492216
- Lim D et al. The hepcidin-ferroportin axis controls the iron content of Salmonella-containing vacuoles in macrophages. Nat Commun 9:2091 (2018). PubMed: 29844422
- Schultz BM et al. Persistent Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium Infection Increases the Susceptibility of Mice to Develop Intestinal Inflammation. Front Immunol 9:1166 (2018). PubMed: 29896196