Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SAP155
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SAP155 antibody
See all SAP155 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SAP155
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Xenopus laevis
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human SAP155 aa 250-350 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- ab39578 gave a positive result in the following lysates: Hela, Jurkat and Jurkat Nuclear. This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39578 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 150 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 150 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionSubunit of the splicing factor SF3B required for 'A' complex assembly formed by the stable binding of U2 snRNP to the branchpoint sequence (BPS) in pre-mRNA. Sequence independent binding of SF3A/SF3B complex upstream of the branch site is essential, it may anchor U2 snRNP to the pre-mRNA. May also be involved in the assembly of the 'E' complex. Belongs also to the minor U12-dependent spliceosome, which is involved in the splicing of rare class of nuclear pre-mRNA intron.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SF3B1 family.
Contains 11 HEAT repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Phosphorylation occurs concomitantly with the splicing catalytic steps. Phosphorylation on Thr-244, Thr-248 and Thr-313 by cyclin-dependent kinases promotes interaction with PPP1R8 during mitosis.
Cellular localizationNucleus speckle. During mitosis, transiently dispersed from the nuclear speckles to the cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- Hsh155 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000205700 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000205702 antibody
All lanes : Anti-SAP155 antibody (ab39578) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat nuclear extract lysate (ab14844)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 150 kDa
Observed band size: 150 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab39578 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were methanol fixed (5 min), permabilised in TBS-T (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab39578, 1µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to quench autofluorescence and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
IHC image of SAP155 staining in Human pancreatic adenocarcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab39578, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab39578 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Eaton JD et al. Xrn2 accelerates termination by RNA polymerase II, which is underpinned by CPSF73 activity. Genes Dev 32:127-139 (2018). PubMed: 29432121
- Sikorski K et al. A high-throughput pipeline for validation of antibodies. Nat Methods 15:909-912 (2018). PubMed: 30377371
- Llorian M et al. The alternative splicing program of differentiated smooth muscle cells involves concerted non-productive splicing of post-transcriptional regulators. Nucleic Acids Res 44:8933-8950 (2016). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 27317697
- Pederiva C et al. Splicing controls the ubiquitin response during DNA double-strand break repair. Cell Death Differ 23:1648-57 (2016). PubMed: 27315300
- Maserati M et al. Identification of four genes required for mammalian blastocyst formation. Zygote 22:331-9 (2014). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 23211737