Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SAP18
- Suitable for: IP, ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SAP18 antibody
See all SAP18 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SAP18
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, ICC/IF, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human SAP18 aa 1-100 (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- Recombinant Human SAP18 protein (ab86702) can be used as a positive control in WB. HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31748 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/650. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
IP: Use at a concentration of 1.6 µg/ml (PMID 19503603).
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 21 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 18 kDa). Detection of the band is blocked by addition of the immunizing peptide ab30465.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionComponent of the SIN3-repressing complex. Enhances the ability of SIN3-HDAC1-mediated transcriptional repression. When tethered to the promoter, it can direct the formation of a repressive complex to core histone proteins. Component of a splicing-dependent multiprotein exon junction complex (EJC) deposited at splice junction on mRNAs. The EJC is a dynamic structure consisting of a few core proteins and several more peripheral nuclear and cytoplasmic associated factors that join the complex only transiently either during EJC assembly or during subsequent mRNA metabolism.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SAP18 family.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- 18 kDa Sin3-associated polypeptide antibody
- 2HOR0202 antibody
- Cell growth-inhibiting gene 38 protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-SAP18 antibody (ab31748) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate with Human SAP18 peptide (ab30465) at 1 µg/ml
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/15000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 18 kDa
Observed band size: 21 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ICC/IF image of ab31748 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min), permabilised in TBS-T (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab31748, 1µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to quench autofluorescence and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
Image courtesy of Human Protein Atlas
ab31748 stainning SAP18 in paraffin-embedded human cervix, showing a distinct nuclear staining of the surface epithelial (squamous) cells. Tissue sections (4µm) were incubated with ab31748 (1/650 dilution) for 30 minutes at room temperature. Antigen retrieval was performed by heat induction in citrate buffer pH 6. ab31748 was tested in a tissue microarray (TMA) containing a wide range of normal and cancer tissues as well as a cell microarray consisting of a range of commonly used, well characterised human cell lines. Further results for this antibody can be found at www.proteinatlas.org
ab31748 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zhu J et al. NKX2-8 deletion-induced reprogramming of fatty acid metabolism confers chemoresistance in epithelial ovarian cancer. EBioMedicine 43:238-252 (2019). PubMed: 31047858
- Sikorski K et al. A high-throughput pipeline for validation of antibodies. Nat Methods 15:909-912 (2018). PubMed: 30377371
- Boehm V et al. Exon Junction Complexes Suppress Spurious Splice Sites to Safeguard Transcriptome Integrity. Mol Cell 72:482-495.e7 (2018). PubMed: 30388410
- Li W et al. The FOXN3-NEAT1-SIN3A repressor complex promotes progression of hormonally responsive breast cancer. J Clin Invest 127:3421-3440 (2017). PubMed: 28805661
- Sorin M et al. Recruitment of a SAP18-HDAC1 complex into HIV-1 virions and its requirement for viral replication. PLoS Pathog 5:e1000463 (2009). WB, IP . PubMed: 19503603